Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Just Engaged!

So I have been lurking for quite some time, and we are finally engaged! We have been together 3.5 years, 2 together here in Dallas, and the last 1.5 he has been in Los Angeles getting his film career off the ground. Now we are back here and planning what is looking to be a quick wedding!
Our date is July 14, 2012, and we have already booked the Filter Building for both ceremony and reception. I would love any and all advice concerning the Filter Building.
We booked the date so fast, as we knew we would be getting married at White Rock Lake. My parents were married there over 30 years ago, AND DF and I had our first date riding bikes there.
So I have just under 7 months to do EVERYTHING ELSE. I am cheaping out on decor, cake, and flowers, and I am splurging on the bar tab and the band. I'm only having a good time if everyone else is!
Thanks guys, can't wait to chat! :):):)

Re: Just Engaged!

• Options
    I totes forgot the best part! We got engaged at Disneyland, with a surprise on our caricature! DF doesn't really look like a Backstreet Boy in real life, but they got my red hair PERFECT!
  • Options
    Congrats! Welcome to the board!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well since you've already booked the Filter Building, I won't say anything about having a wedding outside in July in North Texas.  :)  I'll just say congratulations!

The venue is the hard part, you should be able to do everything else just fine. 

ETA:  Oh wait, you're having your ceremony inside?  Whew, that's good!
  • Options
    Congrats! :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    Congrats!

FWIW, you don't have to "cheap out" to get a good deal on things like decor and cake.  These boards are a great resource for budget-conscious brides, so stick around!
    Anniversary

• Options
    Congrats! Love the caricature!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Shameless plug: Post in our weekly threads, because we want more friends.  =)
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_just-engaged-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1255047c-8fbb-4aaa-8cfa-38d709f439dcPost:1fa3be5a-6cb4-4247-b598-60396c709792">Re: Just Engaged!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shameless plug: Post in our weekly threads, because we want more friends.  =)
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes! You should start today! SA is Say Anything. You can pretty much Say Anything you want!</div>
  • Options
    Congratulations!! I'm planning my wedding in just under 7 months (our date is March 30) and it hasn't been that bad.  I'm sure you'll be fine in 6, especially since you have the venue done already!
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welch e and congratulations! The ladies here are awesome resources...use us! I wished I had had a short engagement, 15 months was way to long! For me at least...I kept changing my mind about stuff and had way to much time to keep finding things to add!
  • Options
    Ditto, Kylie. I will be engaged 19 months before it's all said and done. I have found little things here and there to add.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    Awww yours is the day before mine! Congratulations! And I think you'll have plenty of time to get it all done. At least I'm hoping so and I don't have the venue yet! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards