Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

This is stupid, but...

I'm tired of everyone getting married before me! I've had 5-6 friends meet people in college and get married already! (only one of these couples is graduated) One girl was planning a wedding NEXT SEPTEMBER and is now getting married in two weeks?

Of course it is their perogative (and I don't blame the Morman couple), but for some reason it just irks me that Jay and I have been dating for 6 years and are waiting to graduate to get married, and people who have known each other a year, maybe two, are already hitched.

When will it be myyyyyyy turnnnnnn *whines*

Re: This is stupid, but...

• Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not stupid. My roomie in college started dating her hubby when we were sophomores and he was a senior in high school. They waited until she graduated to get married, and she got really tired of people getting married before her. You have the right to be frustrated/irritated/whatever. Just take deep breaths, and pat yourself on the back for being responsible. Your day is coming sooner than you think!
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    danielle0789danielle0789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were among the first out of our friends to get married. like mandasue said, you have the right to be mad/angry/all the jazz! Be happy your waiting to get married! We have had so many people come up to us now that we're married,and ask us: "Do you have any little ones yet?" AND: "When are  you gonna have kids?" Just because all of our friends have kids, they assume we're gonna have them right away.  

So you 2 just need to take your time! You'll be glad you did! So I give you full permission to whine away!
  • Options
    tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I kinda know how you feel. Cory and I have been together for 5 years and waited until both of us graduated. It sucks seeing people who have been dating less than half than what we have and already married. But our time will come soon enough!
  • Options
    btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am completely there with you Marissa. Most of my friends got married before us and yet we were the first to get engaged and we have been together longer than any of the other couples. But we just graduated so now it is our turn, and I am so happy to finally become his wife.Smile
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marissa I felt the exact same way you do. Of course everyone that got married before us is now divorced so now I'm one of the few in my group that is married which is odd because it was the other way around not too long ago! They all have kids though. I know waiting was right for us but it was difficult trying to be upbeat for everyone else getting married when we had been together the longest of any of them! I'm really glad we waited for the time that was right for both of us even if it was hard towards the end. just know you are not alone! *hug*
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards