Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

E-pic "beautification"

For those of you who have already had or plan to have your e-pics done, to what lengths are you preparing for them? Did you get your hair, makeup, and nails done at a salon or did you do all that yourself? Or is all of that overkill? I know it all boils down to personal preference, but I was just curious what you all have done or plan to do.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: E-pic "beautification"

• Options
    I didn't do e-pics, but I think they look better when the couple is more casual. So I would do your own hair, something simple like you would do for everyday, and the makeup is totally up to you. I might consider getting my makeup done just because my skin tone is uneven and I would want to make sure I looked really nice.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have very curly hair, but I prefer my hair straight.  I'm thinking that having it done at a salon would look more polished.  My makeup never seems to look right in photos, I always look washed out.  So, I'm hoping the makeup artist can work their magic.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    i did myself for epics, and went a little fancier then I ussually go for everyday but still casual, alot of gals use the e pics to dry run wedding makeup, and set up their trial the same day
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2010

I had my hair and makeup done for my E-pics.  My makeup wasn't dramatic or anything and I just wore my hair loose.  I used my E-pics to try out my MUA for my wedding (and loved the result so I booked her).  I always have my nails done.  I have my E-pics in my planning bio but here's a couple.

• Options
    Stephie, your pics are gorgeous! I wish I could do a trial run with the MUA, but I'm not getting married in the same area as the location of the E-pics.  But, that was a good idea!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks so much!  I just preferred having everything done professionally but it's not absolutely necessary.  But it's not overkill either if you want to look your absolute best.  Lots of girls do it.
  • Options
    Our pictures were casual from the start; we didn't even have a professional photographer, I had a friend of mine who takes photos as a hobby take them. I just wore my hair down like everyday but sure it looked nice, unlike the mess it always is. I also did my own make-up and just put a clear coat of nail polish to looked polished. 

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I did my own hair and makeup for e-pics. I didn't look glamourous, but I looked like the way I do everyday, which is what I wanted. It really is personal preference! I agree that it isn't necessary but it's not overkill either.

• Options
    i didnt do anything different than what i usually do.
    i did my own hair and makeup~ i looked pretty natural...
    i wanted to look like myself not all this makeup.

we had two outfit changes... one a little dressy and one dressed down....

My Randomly Updated Planning Bio
    EVERYTHING FOR SALE- JUST ASK!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards