North Dakota

A Friends House Review?

I am considering hosting my ceremony at A Friend's House in MN....anyone have any word of mouth reviews on their services? I live in Portalnd so I am planning from afar!!

Thank you!!

http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/friends-house-moorhead/website/a306e89cc1dfa7e8.html

Re: A Friends House Review?

• I am getting married there in September, so I can't really review it too much.

But so far Bobbi (the owner) has been really great. They have a bunch of stuff they are letting us use (like tablecoths, mason jars for centerpieces). And it really is a beautiful location.

The only problems I've run into is that I am using a caterer based in Fargo, and they aren't allowed to bring alcohol over state lines. And sometimes Bobbi can be a little slow responding to emails, but she always does eventually.
  • In Response to Re: A Friends House Review?:

We were looking at getting married in a barn setting too and A Friends House was one of our first options to look at.  We drove out to look at the place and it was different than we had expected.  It is in the middle of a small town, not out in the country (not saying either way is better.. just giving the facts).  It also looks small.  I didn't actually meet with the owners because we're just beginning our planning but I would bet that the barn would only hold about 100 people with a dance floor comfortably (I could be wrong.. maybe it just looked smaller from the outside).  Which is perfect if you're having about that many guests.  The nearest place to stay is about a 20 minute drive but it does look like a gorgeous place and there is a little play ground for families with small children who are coming to the reception.  

Hope that helps! Good luck with your planning!
  • My little sister is having her wedding there on July 28. So far I've only seen pictures of the venue and I don't have a whole lot of information at this time.

While we had our bridesmaid dress fitting the other day my mom made a comment about how the bridal suite won't be available to Jennifer until the day of the ceremony so we will have to pack everything in that afternoon before the cermony.

The dance floor is in the upstairs of the barn, my sister didn't feel that the narrow staircase in the barn would be a good idea for members of the family that aren't as mobile as they once were. Again I haven't seen them yet so I'm not able to say if she was just being extremely picky or if her complaints are valid.

I'll try to remember to check back after the wedding to provide an update.
  • Ladies, I would highly recommend personally looking at the venue before you commit. I was also looking for a barn setting, and felt like the pictures on their website were a little misleading. The bathrooms in the barns were a little grummy, and those were the only restrooms to use in the whole area. The bridal cottage had no running water, it was just a small room to change. Look at Rustic Oaks! For the price, which is comparable, it is SO much better! The owners were certainly nice enough, it just wasn't up to par with what they show online.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards