Texas-Houston

un-doable reception budget?? opinions? suggestions?

tentative wedding date is one year... looking for venues (mainly for reception but open to idea of connected chapel)...

estimating 280 people... reception budget 17-20k.

is this doable without having a buffet? 
are there any venues or vendors people can suggest we look into? 

going through our friends/family suggestion list of places and some just seem too out of budget.... looking for simply elegant places... preferably cleaner looking so that we wont have to spend so much more on flowers and decorations...

i've heard people bargaining for costs... how much realistically do they knock off?  what is a good ballpark figure?

Re: un-doable reception budget?? opinions? suggestions?

• edited December 2011
    Try Tuscany Villa in Katy. When we looked at them originally, we were going to get DJ, Cake, Linens, 150 upgraded seated dinners, full open bar 4 hours for 13K. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    you are looking at 60-70/person - i think that is totally doable.  Is this for everything at your reception? food, bar, flowers, linen, etc?  We had ours at the Petroleum Club and it was amazing!!!  The level of service there made me feel like I was their number one priority - really went above and beyond!
  • edited December 2011
    I would also try Josies Catering. Her food was amazing and very reasonable for the 250 people we had. We ended up doing a seat dinner, and I am still amazed at the cost! (Pssst...very low, and food was very good)
    KYPHILLY
  • Try Ashelynn Manor, they have a seperate chapel (or outside gazebo, whichever you would like) and enclosed reception barn. My fiance and I are getting married there and we are budgeting for about 200-250 and the total cost will only be about 19K and thats including bringing in outside alcohol. They include pretty much everything except flowers, grooms cake, photographer, alcohol and officiant. It's a beautiful property too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards