Wisconsin

dance lessons-milwaukee area

My Fiance and I just did a trial lesson at Fred Astaire in Brookfield. They had a great environment, knowledgeable teacher, and a great overall vibe. They definitely gave us a hard sell with packages and we are looking to hear some advice. Where did people take lessons if you took them at all, SE WI.

Re: dance lessons-milwaukee area

• edited December 2011
    They will continue to hassle you into buying more & more. We bought one package of 5 or 6 lessons (don't exactly remember) and they spent the entire lesson telling us how this first group of lessons led into the next group and that's where we would really start to learn to dance. We told her from the very beginning we had no interest in continuing and she just would not give up, going as far as suggesting we set up a gift registry with them so our guests could contribute to the cost of our lessons. We never went back after that, never even finished the final two classes we had paid for.
  • edited December 2011
    We're thinking of trying Social Life Dance Center out. I've heard good things about them.

http://www.sociallifedancecenter.com/
  • ElenaAdam2011ElenaAdam2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Fred Astaire in the Third Ward---but they definitely will push additional lessons on you. My FI and I  (when we were bf/gf ha) had gotten 2 free lessons through a promo, and by the end of the first we were being encouraged to immediately buy a whole package. Our friends just gave us more lessons to celebrate our engagement, but we were planning on paying for more anyway. I don't like the pushiness, but I think it'll be an awesome thing to do together weekly...and make us so much more comfortable on the wedding day! And our instructor, Pamela, was great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards