Favors
Options

What to do

How important to weddings are the party favours for guests? Is it proper wedding etiquette to give guests a little something for coming? 

My wedding is in less than a year, but I figure I still have lots of time before deciding on what to do for favours. But I'm just wondering what sort of thing is expected for favours?

I was thinking of getting personalized candy boxes. But is that too cliche? 
Of course it will be personalized with my and my fiance's name, but I'm wondering if it's enough to stand out. 

Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

Re: What to do

• Options
    Favors are not required, no, so if this is something that you can't work into the budget, it's certainly okay to skip them.

You have the right idea on the edible favors - those are something that won't go to waste. 

Personalizing is generally discouraged when it comes to non-consumable items (shot glasses, frames, etc) because guests aren't going to want something sitting around their houses with someone else's name and wedding date on it. 

If you're going to actually order personalized boxes online and then fill them with your own candy, I think you could save money by just buying little boxes at a local party supply or craft store and skip the personalizing.  That being said, if you're going to personalize, the candy boxes would be the thing to personalize instead of a shot glass since they're not something people are going to keep sitting around after they've been emptied.  But, you should probably know that I'm very frugal so I would probably skip the personalizing completely since in my mind, it would be a waste of my money. ;-)
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Oh, if you area  DIYer, you could make little tags that say something about thanks for coming and such and then attach them to the boxes (if you go non-personalized).  But it also depends on how much it would cost to do that vs. just getting them imprinted.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards