Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

AW It's starting to feel really REAL

My week has been packed with WR things and work - We finished printing all pieces for our invites, continued dance lessons, finished purchasing all the pieces for our centerpieces, started table numbers... but most of all, my best friend from college (he's now a Pastor in Iowa and will be our officiate) came up and we did our pre-marital counseling yesterday, doing so made it all feel SO real to me as he had us run through our ceremony with him in the church. I know I still have 4 months but today the sun is shinning into my living room and I couldn't be any happier at this moment! (And I just heard we all should be wearing sunscreen today.... YAY) FI and I are heading up north this evening for an extended weekend away!

I have to give a shout out to Aruthur Murray Dance studios, G and I have been there a couple times already for our dance lessons and it's SO much fun! G loves going and he's become really good at dancing! We're learning the hustle and Fox Trot thus far! Rachel is our instructor and seriously she coudln't be nicer but most of all my favorite is when we're dancing and I look at G and he's ALL smiles! He even put the moves to use at my best friend's wedding this past weekend, if you're on the fence about dance lessons, do them, they are fun!

Have a great weekend ladies! And congrats to those ladies getting married this weekend, it looks like it's a perfect weekend!

Re: AW It's starting to feel really REAL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What's the cost like for the dance lessons?  I need to get on those so I don't embarass myself. =p
  • Options
    aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We purcahsed a weddingchannel coupon - so we got 5 lessons for $39 but we went ahead and upgraded everything so we have like 10/15 lessons and I don't know what it cost as my future in laws paid for it for us as an engagement gift!
  • Options
    nordkenordke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are also doing lessons through Arthur Murry, the Edina location. Nadina is our instructor, love her! We started with a groupon deal, they seem to have them all the time, and then of course we're talked into the "wedding package". I'd say it was our one splurge for the wedding. We're planning to do a choreographed first dance and it will be a surprise to everyone, parents included, so we're really excited for that. 

I think it's all finally feeling real for me today...yesterday was our one month mark, and today we're going to a friends wedding, so after today, I'll know that I'm next in line. Ahhh!!! Tongue out

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing classes at Edina as a surprise too!  I have to say, I'm really liking the lessons.  We're doing a tango, which is super fun!  My fiance is all big smiles too which makes it even more worth it!!  I just can't wait to see everyone be surprised when we hit the dancefloor for our first dance!!

Aligross, I hear you on the whole "real" thing.  We finalized linens and flowers so now I really can picture the whole thing and it went from abstract to real in about an hour.  Fun and scary (in a good way!) all at the same time!!!  We have 99 more days!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards