July 2012 Weddings
Options

What is on your...

Re: What is on your...

• Options
    MadisonpennyMadisonpenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2011
    To be honest. there isn't enough room on this board for my DO NOT Playlist. on my Must playlist, I ahvent really made anything concrete yet.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_what-is-on-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:abbef11b-e78b-407f-a242-7d5353076fb5Post:4afe86ca-8772-4222-a1b0-3328df679ef0">Re: What is on your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]To be honest. there isn't enough room on this board for my DO NOT Playlist. on my Must playlist, I ahvent really made anything concrete yet.
    Posted by Madisonpenny[/QUOTE]

haha what is your top 10 do not play list?
  • Options
    FI and I can both agree that the chicken dance, country music, and YMCA song may not be played...other than that, I'm not sure. My FI loves techno, so I'm sure we'll get some Sandstorm, or Daft Punk. To be honest, I like techno a bit, too, but my style is more Jack Johnson, Josh Groban, John Maher, Dave Matthews Band. He's totally not into that, except Jack Johnson. It's something we plan to work on this summer.
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I hate most typical wedding songs like:
    Shout
    Celebration
    Chicken Dance
    Etc. 

But then I'm weird and love other ones like:
    Cha Cha Slide
    Electric Slide
    Cupid Shuffle 
    (basically anything with a dance made for it, lol)

My FI and I have had a theme when planning the wedding which is we don't look at it like OUR day, rather we want EVERYONE to enjoy themselves. And unfortunately, those cheesy songs get people dancing so I probably won't have a do not play list. But if I hear too many I will tell the DJ to only play songs on my must play list. Which will be filled with a strange mixture of rock anthems, 90's hip hop, country, and current top 40's.

Oh and 'get low' by lil jon will be #1 on that list. Classy, I know.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are having a band. The basic "do NOT play" list is any Rap and the typical cheesy wedding songs.

Our "DO play" list includes:
    The Way You Look Tonight- My mom is getting married 3 months after me and that is their wedding song.

I Just Called
    - This is my song with my brother. I sang it to my mom's belly, when she was pregnant with him. 

The Twist- It was my FI's father's song. It will be played in memory of him.

We Are A Family- This will be our final song of the night.

**We don't have our first dance song yet. We are going back and forth on several possibilities.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Free Bird is not allowed to play at our wedding it brings back bad memories of my mom and dads marriage for my mom.  I am telling the DJ to take no song requests b/c I know my dad is going to try and request it.

I also hate the song dancing queen!!!

I do love that song mony mony (sp) and i might let YMCA and cha cha slide play b/c it generally does get people dancing :)
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Do not play: Drake and Nicki Minaj.

Other than that, I like everything and don't really care.
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary

DO list isn't concrete either, I'm sure it'll be lots of current stuff and good party classics. It'll be interesting mixing our tastes though, I know there will be lots of salsa, merengue, spanish music also lots of electronic music cuz it's incredibly popular here and FI is a BIG fan but I'll also need a decent share of American music too. So who knows what will be going there haha.

I agree Meagan, I enjoy the group/ line dances as well. They're fun! And everybody knows them :) I despise YMCA, celebrations and crap like that. Ugh.. make me sick. I had a pretty good Do not play list in mind but I just forgot it all now that I had to remember haha.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_what-is-on-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:abbef11b-e78b-407f-a242-7d5353076fb5Post:2cb7df93-6827-4ff3-8a62-17f070741630">Re: What is on your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate most typical wedding songs like: Shout Celebration Chicken Dance Etc.  But then I'm weird and love other ones like: Cha Cha Slide Electric Slide Cupid Shuffle  (basically anything with a dance made for it, lol) My FI and I have had a theme when planning the wedding which is we don't look at it like OUR day, rather we want EVERYONE to enjoy themselves. And unfortunately, those cheesy songs get people dancing so I probably won't have a do not play list. But if I hear too many I will tell the DJ to only play songs on my must play list. Which will be filled with a strange mixture of rock anthems, 90's hip hop, country, and current top 40's.<strong> Oh and 'get low' by lil jon will be #1 on that list. Classy, I know.</strong>
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

AHHHH!!!  This is so on our list too!! hahahahaha  glad I'm not the only one!  This one makes my booty shake hahaha!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_what-is-on-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:abbef11b-e78b-407f-a242-7d5353076fb5Post:f9eddbb4-da65-4975-b8e4-16ff6fe749d6">Re: What is on your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is on your... : AHHHH!!!  This is so on our list too!! hahahahaha  glad I'm not the only one!  This one makes my booty shake hahaha!
    Posted by littlemoments324[/QUOTE]

<div>YES! One of my best friends from high school and I can never get enough of it! Best. Dance. Song. Ever.</div>
  • Options
    Must play list is still in the works (though first dance song is decided...."Life After You")...but as far as do not play....total and complete ban on Rihanna.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_what-is-on-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:abbef11b-e78b-407f-a242-7d5353076fb5Post:1177e09a-4cb8-419c-96b6-a5bce3aed5b8">Re: What is on your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]DO list isn't concrete either, I'm sure it'll be lots of <strong>current stuff and good party classics</strong>. It'll be interesting mixing our tastes though, I know there will be lots of <strong>salsa, merengue, spanish music</strong> also lots of electronic music cuz it's incredibly popular here and FI is a BIG fan but I'll also need a <strong>decent share of American music</strong> too. So who knows what will be going there haha. I agree Meagan, I enjoy the <strong>group/ line dances as well</strong>. They're fun! And everybody knows them :) I despise YMCA, celebrations and crap like that. Ugh.. make me sick. I had a pretty good Do not play list in mind but I just forgot it all now that I had to remember haha.
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]
    This, exactly this.  Plus we have to play country and rock for hubby.  This will be interesting.  
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_what-is-on-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:abbef11b-e78b-407f-a242-7d5353076fb5Post:022f5ccc-8da2-4151-9f6e-0cb0a3343890">Re: What is on your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Must play list is still in the works (though first dance song is decided...."Life After You")...but as far as do not play....total and complete ban on Rihanna.
    Posted by NikkiF731[/QUOTE]

Life After You as in Daughtry? We thought of using that song. We haven't decided yet though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards