South Carolina-Charleston

Vendor Reviews

Let me give you a brief synopsis of our wedding so you know where my reviews are coming from.  I was an out of town bride, planning a 50 person destination wedding in Charleston, SC.  It was a SUNDAY MORNING, wedding followed by a BRUNCH reception.

The event coordinator and event manager were fantastic.  Event manager was Tonya Burns and she was fantastic.  The Wickliffe House is a beautiful old southern mansion with beautiful wood floors and gorgeous moldings.  We held our ceremony on their lawn.  The House provides chairs, utensils, plates, wine glasses, etc for up to 100 people.  I rented chairs for the outside lawn from Snyder Rental.

Florist:  Whitney Randall, Branch Design - A++
The flowers were amazing.  I had a "spring bouquet" which incorporated every color available and imaginable.  She went so far as to include figs in the arrangements.  Absolutely beautifl.

Photographer:  Lacey Gadwill, - A ++++++
She does the "photojournalistic" approach, not your standard posed pictures.  The proofs she has sent us thus far are incredible.  Not only is she extremely talented but she is very easy to work with.  She has a great eye and if you give her free reign to take the pictures she knows will come out incredible, you will be very pleased.  We most definitely were. Check out her blog that includes some of our wedding photos.  You'll get a peak at our flowers and the Wickliffe House here:   http://laceyg.posterous.com/

Musicians:  The Sneakers, East Coast Entertainment - A
Great band, very talented.  Their saxaphone player is amazing.  We had jazz and swing music for the reception and a piano for the wedding music.  They provided all the music. 

Rehearsal Dinner - Southend Grill & Smokehouse (sp?) - A
Great service, great food, wonderful service by the staff. 

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    Opps, I forgot to mention that our reception was also at the Wickliffe House. Mediterra Catering works in conjunction with the Wickliffe House to provide the food.  We had a Southern Brunch reception which included Shrimp and Grits, raspberry stuff french toasts, brie and roast beef sandwiches, etc.  I tried it ALL and loved it.  The food was very very good.

Cake:  The Cake Stand - C-
    Although the cake LOOKED beautiful, it was very very dry.  We ordered a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting.  The only thing good was the frosting.  I DO NOT recommend using them.  Unfortunately I was not able to go for a tasting with them prior to the event and I regret that I didn't.  Luckily, the brunch provided by Mediterra Catering was SO DELICIOUS that very few people tried the cake, thank God. 
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your great info! We are planning a very similar wedding for next April, having a Sunday ceremony starting at noon followed by lunch reception at a restaurant downtown.  Did you hire anyone for your hair and makeup? I'm worried about finding someone for that time of day on a Sunday.
  • edited December 2011
    katiewest- stella nova does Sunday bridal work. they're a little pricier, but they were one of the only salons that would take me for a Sunday.  And be very careful of other salons that say they will work with you. originally I was going with someone else but found out they were tacking ridiculous charges onto my contract because they were going to open specifically for me. As with anything else, ask questions and read carefully. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards