Christian Weddings

Favorite Movie Quotes

Post one of your favorite quotes from one of your favorite movies.  See if we can guess which movie.  And go...

Re: Favorite Movie Quotes

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "I do not see plays because I can nap at home for free.  And I don't see movies because they're trash, and they got nothing but naked people in them.  And I don't read books because if they're any good, they're gonna make them into a miniseries."
  • ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what that movie is, but the mom of one of my best friends loves to go to the movies to nap. 

"Great balls of fire. Don't bother me anymore, and don't call me sugar."

and another from the same movie but a different character:

"You're like the thief who isn't the least bit sorry he stole, but is terribly, terribly sorry he's going to jail."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lisa - Steel Magnolias.  We did the play a few years ago.  Love it.
    Jen - Gone with the Wind?  I wasn't sure about the first quote but I'm 99% sure that's what the secone one is from.

I have a two

1 - Yeah, we're tight and sh*t.  Our DNA matches.

2 -  You know, a lot of little bottles makes a big bottle, Chapy

edited December 2011
    You're right!  I am realizing that i'm not very good at this game.  Embarassed
    edited December 2011
    You're right, Drama!
  • faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only knew the Gone with the Wind one! I'm horrible with movie quotes.

And most of all, I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the way I feel when I'm with you.

• azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Drama - Save the Last Dance is the first one...is #2 from a different movie?

Faith - Dirty Dancing

Here's mine:

Oh no you don't! (Guy #2), I'm gonna level with you. We can't get married at all.
    Why not?
    Well, in the first place, I'm not a natural blonde.
    Doesn't matter.
    I smoke! I smoke all the time!
    I don't care.
    Well, I have a terrible past. For three years now, I've been living with a saxophone player.
    I forgive you.
    [Tragically] I can never have children!
    We can adopt some.
    But you don't understand, (guy #2)!
    [Finally gives up and pulls off his wig]
    Ohh... I'm a man!
    Nobody's perfect!

• edited December 2011
    My movie quotes are probably really easy

This is true love, you think this happens everyday?

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

That there's some good in this world, [Name Removed to Fool You]... and it's worth fighting for.
    imageAnniversary
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_favorite-movie-quotes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:868818ed-ccdc-4ccd-a5b4-80038749f227Post:eace1eab-625a-4cfa-915f-89694bea63e3">Re: Favorite Movie Quotes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Drama - Save the Last Dance is the first one...is #2 from a different movie? <div>Posted by azdancer8[/QUOTE]

</div><div>Yes, #2 is a different movie.</div>
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    azdancer- You're right!!

drama- the first one is The Princess Bride
    edited December 2011
    Oh, please, monsieur. It is a little game we play. They put it on the bill, I tear up the bill. It is very convenient.
  • edited December 2011
    Ummm I don't know any of these. I only knew the Save the Last Dance one. 

Here's mine:

"I cried like a baby at the Kellar wedding."

"I'm not stubborn, I'm right."

"I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite."

"Glenn Coco? Four for you, Glenn Coco! You go, Glenn Coco!"

"No matter what, no matter when, no matter who... Any man has a chance to sweep any woman off her feet. He just needs the right broom." 

5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AshNoel, the first one is either The Wedding Planner or 27 Dresses, I'm not sure which.  The smile quote is from Elf.
    edited December 2011
    I actually knew the Elf one.  I'm not doing well on the others though!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AshNoel- The first one is 27 Dresses and the 4th one is Mean Girls!
  • edited December 2011
    Haha yep! You girls got the first one, third one and fourth one. Anyone know the second and fifth??
  • edited December 2011
    The fifth is from Hitch. :-)
  • yodacubyodacub member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Drama1308 - the middle one is from Lord of the Rings - Aragorn says it, I can't remember if it's in The Two Towers or Return of the King, though :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_favorite-movie-quotes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:868818ed-ccdc-4ccd-a5b4-80038749f227Post:2c9ad01e-1465-4e1d-a84f-8f4055aaa20d">Re: Favorite Movie Quotes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Drama1308 - the middle one is from Lord of the Rings - Aragorn says it, I can't remember if it's in The Two Towers or Return of the King, though :)
    Posted by yodacub[/QUOTE]

You are right!! Aragorn says it in Return of the King when they are about to storm the black gate

The last one is from Lord of the Rings as well, The Two Towers, Sam says it to Frodo.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards