North Carolina

RANT

So....my Aunt has some friends who has a beach house, and she suggessted this summer that we get the house for DH's family.  I asked her AGAIN in September, and she told me she had it booked.  Today I find out, it is booked, but she has decided to let her daughter stay there.  We have already told his family they have a place to stay! Granted the wedding is in April so they have time to find a place, but still!  And when I called to talk to her about it, SHE HUNG UP ON ME! Like she is the one who should be upset here!

So here is my dilemna now....she has done catering on the side almost my whole life, so I asked her to cater our reception.  But after this stunt, I'm scared she'll pull something at the last minute and not do it, and I'll be stuck!!  She has a tendency to hold a grudge for a while once she gets mad.

What would you do at this point?
200 image 150 image 50 image RSVP Date: March 10th Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RANT

• edited December 2011

Thats terrible! Thats defintiely what can happen when family is involved with wedding plans. I would ask her about the catering just to make sure, but have a back up plan just in case. You want to be prepared in case she pulls another stunt. Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    I hate to hear all this. I agree with PP. I would still talk to her about catering, but do what I could to have a backup just incase she backs out.

Atleast you found out in plenty of time so your DH family could find somewhere to stay, but it still blows she did that to you in the first place.
    est. 9.17.2011
    furBRAT Tess:)
  • ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If she has done catering on the side as in a business (?) then I would only go with her if it was a professional side business she conducted.  That said I would involve contracts signed, dated if need be get it noterized!! Or I would go with someone else period.  Make it as if you werent even related with you are doing details with her. If she gives you a deal great but spell everything out in writting! HTHs
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards