Massachusetts-Boston

Need suggestions for a wedding reception venue on the North Shore

Hello fellow knotties! I'm newly engaged and trying to find "The Venue." I need to keep my budget at 15k including everything- dress, dj, venue, food, what-have-you. So, I would like to keep the venue on the inexpensive side. I'm expecting around 120 guests. I'll be having a winter wedding next January so I'm hoping to take advantage of off-season rates. 

I fell in love with Willowdale Estate, but I'm afraid it may be out of my budget. A close second is the Hawthorne Hotel in Salem. I love the gorgeous ballroom there. Groveland Fairways has beautiful fireplaces, but my fiance declared it "too plain." What would you guys suggest? Do you have any ideas as to a venue that could suit my needs?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need suggestions for a wedding reception venue on the North Shore

• I got married at Willowdale in December.  Truthfully, with around 120 guests, I think it would be cramped (we had 85 guests and I don't think more than 100 could be comfortably accomodated).  The Andover Country Club is said to be beautiful and reasonably priced, and the Turner Hill Country Club looks gorgeous (not sure on their cost, though).
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Highly recommend contacting Turner Hill.  My girl friend got married there in February '10 and her rental was $1000.00!  It has a beautiful library (her theme was Clue)!  Gorgeous!
  • We are going with Groveland Fairways but did you check out Black Swan? It's in Georgetown and was around the same $ as Groveland. We also checked out Nahant Country Club but it was a little over our budget, it might work with off-season rates. We looked at Oceanside too in Nahant which was nice and cute but a little to "dated" for us, also well within your price range.
  • I've been to a wedding at groveland before. The decorations the bride chose really made the place pop! 
  • You can't go wrong with the Cruiseport Gloucester and getting off season there you can get some deals. Also the photographer we used BWGibson photographer who were soo good. They were extremely professional but put us at ease. It was two people and I never thought I could afford to have two people but we were able to with them! Vinwood catering and the food was very good. All of our guests loved it. Also we used Topsfield Bakery for our cake and again they did such a good job. We had two flavors and it was a huge hit. Also we used RaMu and the crew do our dj and he was soo much fun! He read the crowd very well and played the perfect music plus for a little extra he brought a photo booth!! We also had up lighting with I never thought we'd be able to afford. You can definitely do it all for around 15k if you go with the vendors above.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards