African American Weddings
Options

No Body Told Me ~Vent~

that i was going to have to sell my arm and my leg and a pint of blood for a 
photog 

WTH is with these prices.....i might need to get on the pole just have to have proof of my wedding... 
its like they want to take advantage of the fact that we are getting married and charge extra...

i need a college student who is into photography sheesh 
*pulls hair out* 
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~

• Options
    Girl you better go over to HU and go to the Fine Arts dept and find a student. Have you checked Craigslist? I have a soror who's husband does photography. And I have a few Sorors who are photographers in the DMV too. I'll get their info and PM u. .
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    V where were you when esha called em wedding pimps? lol.   get busy uploading random youtubes of whatever bear doin - one of em bound to be worth some cash for mega # of hits. 
  • Options
    Check out Rasheem Rooke Photography. He was one of my administrators for the Bison Student Leaders Program when I was at HU. Tell him Morgan Scott sent you.
    image180 Made the cut!

• Options
    Girl yes.! Find a student or something. Our photog is a friend who has a photogarapghy business. She has done plenty of weddings, showed me her book, and we went with her. I'm not paying $2500 for no photographer. Lol. You would come out cheaper if you tel them to take out any prints and photobooks. You can make your own photobook on Shutterfly.
    May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:815a9660-3445-4d42-b391-4aa61df0c8e6">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    [QUOTE]Girl yes.! Find a student or something. Our photog is a friend who has a photogarapghy business. She has done plenty of weddings, showed me her book, and we went with her. I'm not paying $2500 for no photographer. Lol. <strong>You would come out cheaper if you tel them to take out any prints and photobooks. You can make your own photobook on Shutterfly.</strong>
    Posted by shano06[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This! We have (1) book included in our package price and she's putting all of the pictures on a disc. We're going to make the parents books and the guest book through shutterfly</div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:cd44d204-fa77-4e00-9b04-7cf924037aaa">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out Rasheem Rooke Photography. He was one of my administrators for the Bison Student Leaders Program when I was at HU. Tell him Morgan Scott sent you.
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thanks Will Do</div><div>
    </div><div>what sorority are you in? yeah i am being nosy lol 

</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:9e023db1-f386-4ac5-b852-52390d48218c">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~ : This! We have (1) book included in our package price and she's putting all of the pictures on a disc. We're going to make the parents books and the guest book through shutterfly
    Posted by fancywright2[/QUOTE]

Second this! I have no products at all. I even made our Guest Book with Mypublisher using our E-pics.
    image180 Made the cut!

• Options
    Girl. My photog was the cheapest and his work looks just as good as the ones who were charging 2000 and more. And like Shano said I cut out my photobook and saved another 200.00. MrsW. showed her photobook off shutterfly and it was great. So thats the route im going. Girl like pp go to the arts and media dept at the school !
  • Options
    keyaira04keyaira04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    As pp said, check out a few students. We just had a friend/GM who studies the craft on the side do our ephotos and I am still getting FB comments on them being so great. 

One thing I did when looking for a photog was contact those photogs that I really liked and said

"Hello ____,  Your pictures are wonderful! I am getting married in Fort Wayne, Indiana on 7/5/2013 (Friday) from 11:30AM -5PM. My budget is $800 for photography. What are the possibilities of a package in this price range? Thank you"

They will tell you want they can and can't do. Now, my budget really was $1000, which is what most shoot back at me for being there minimum, which was cool. Most just took out the trash the dress/ephoto/2nd photographer/prints out of there packages. Now, I'm not saying this is your budget, but I already had our ephoto's booked and didn't want the other things, as we can print stuff off a few months afterwards. I just needed a print release so I could print TY cards, etc soon after the wedding. So I have a professional and talented photo at a discount of $500-700 of her standard package. Try it and see. The worst they can say is now. My only advice is don't get your heart set on anyone until you interview them.

Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:ec13964a-1705-4102-a513-ed17e09580f1">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    [QUOTE]As pp said, check out a few students. We just had a friend/GM who studies the craft on the side do our ephotos and I am still getting FB comments on them being so great.  One thing I did when looking for a photog was contact those photogs that I really liked and said "Hello ____,  Your pictures are wonderful! I am getting married in Fort Wayne, Indiana on 7/5/2013 (Friday) from 11:30AM -5PM. My budget is $800 for photography. What are the possibilities of a package in this price range? Thank you" They will tell you want they can and can't do. Now, my budget really was $1000, which is what most shoot back at me for being there minimum, which was cool. Most just took out the trash the dress/ephoto/2nd photographer/prints out of there packages. Now, I'm not saying this is your budget, but I already had our ephoto's booked and didn't want the other things, as we can print stuff off a few months afterwards. I just needed a print release so I could print TY cards, etc soon after the wedding. So I have a professional and talented photo at a discount of $500-700 of her standard package. Try it and see. The worst they can say is now. My only advice is don't get your heart set on anyone until you interview them.
    Posted by keyaira04[/QUOTE]

<div>thanks i will try this</div><div>
    </div><div>because these prices are more than i want to pay for my freaking dress</div><div>
    </div><div>i had one tell me oh its an extra 300 bucks for us to travel to tuskegee, al</div><div>humm how about i get a photog from down there then... ugh they are killing me with these prices....</div><div>
    </div><div>who can pay for this crap 2500 to start FOH </div><div>
    </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:0a095bd3-800a-40ae-becb-4168cab11cc8">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~ : Thanks Will Do what sorority are you in? yeah i am being nosy lol 
    Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]

Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. (is there any other????) LOL J/K!!!!
    image180 Made the cut!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:e660e1b9-58b5-465e-b81c-a10789521e27">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~ : thanks i will try this because these prices are more than i want to pay for my freaking dress i had one tell me oh its an extra 300 bucks for us to travel to tuskegee, al humm how about i get a photog from down there then... ugh they are killing me with these prices.... who can pay for this crap 2500 to start FOH 
    I  agree im running into 2500 and up uuum not paying that or there wont be a photographer
  • Options
    Also check the Art Institute! You know those Photography students have to build portfolios for graduation. That could be a great thing right there!
    image180 Made the cut!

• Options
    thedivav, can we help in any way? I see you are in Baltimore..is there wedding there?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:e660e1b9-58b5-465e-b81c-a10789521e27">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~ : thanks i will try this because these prices are more than i want to pay for my freaking dress i had one tell me oh its an extra 300 bucks for us to travel to tuskegee, al humm how about i get a photog from down there then... ugh they are killing me with these prices.... who can pay for this crap 2500 to start FOH 
    Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm sure you can find someone in Tuskegee or even Montgomery that should be able to put together a package that your comfortable with. You can find a photog (or even a photog student) in Baltimore for your e-pics.

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:3289cf49-18b1-49ce-b237-ba1ca864b63a">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~ : Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. (is there any other????) LOL J/K!!!!
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>haha with all the AKA's on the board humm i guess so lol </div><div>
    </div><div>i have a lot of sorors who are Deltas and AKAs lol</div><div>you pledged at Alpha Chapter... you go girl.... </div><div>

</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:819df4c5-28c5-43ba-8e77-518a6623e4d5">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    [QUOTE]thedivav , can we help in any way? I see you are in Baltimore..is there wedding there?
    Posted by keyaira04[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>our wedding will be in Tuskegee at the University</div><div>
    </div><div>but we are having a party back here in md and i need some epics... </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the Help ladies 
    my head was swimming with these freaking prices.... 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes Gawd Hunty! I just emailed my bestie info on a photog because she was gonna pay $2500!!! No ma'am!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:976fa869-933c-4347-9714-6d4ecafc1da5">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~ : our wedding will be in Tuskegee at the University but we are having a party back here in md and i need some epics... 

<div>So you are looking for someone in Tuskegee or B-town?</div>
  • Options
    RanyattaCaseyRanyattaCasey member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:3289cf49-18b1-49ce-b237-ba1ca864b63a">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~ : Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. (is there any other????) LOL J/K!!!!
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

Now you know there are other sorors on here...OOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:835c2b4b-e8a9-4d35-8c45-e2fb13770333">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~ : So you are looking for someone in Tuskegee or B-town?
    Posted by keyaira04[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Both actually one for the wedding - tuskegee</div><div>one for the party - bmore 

</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:3289cf49-18b1-49ce-b237-ba1ca864b63a">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

<div><font color="#ff00ff">SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE</font>-<font color="#008000">WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE</font>!!</div>
  • Options
    MICA (Maryland Institute College of Art) has a great photography program--you should email them about finding a photography student that could do pictures on your budget.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:2f22bdd5-8312-4f42-9c3d-a1603349ade1">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    [QUOTE]MICA (Maryland Institute College of Art) has a great photography program--you should email them about finding a photography student that could do pictures on your budget.
    Posted by freebread03[/QUOTE]

<div>ooh thanks </div><div>i got a good list to start from woohoo... </div><div>
    </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RanyattaCaseyRanyattaCasey member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:0a095bd3-800a-40ae-becb-4168cab11cc8">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~ : Thanks Will Do what sorority are you in? yeah i am being nosy lol 

I just looked at the Rasheem Brooke page. His stuff is nice.  I too need a photographer and a videographer.  but I dont want to spend more than 1500 total. Any suggestiosn for the DMV area would be greatly appreciated.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:73875a7c-d98b-4288-8d03-6f86c29a6f80">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~ : SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!
    Posted by CaseynMike[/QUOTE]

ALL OF THIS!!!! LOL
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    When I looked at the prices I fainted but honestly its the only thing I'll have left of the wedding after the day. 
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_no-body-told-me-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:56eaf3d5-4a8c-4cf4-977d-9d7074a710faPost:c4c6c40d-e654-4772-b4e5-4f84c3552213">Re: No Body Told Me ~Vent~</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I looked at the prices I fainted but honestly its the only thing I'll have left of the wedding after the day. 
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>paying them high butt prices is not in my budget lol </div><div>nerp not gonna do it...

</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Ranyatta - Hey Soror!!!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPP!

87 days til Centennial :)
    image180 Made the cut!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards