Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Vendor Reviews

Ceremony and Reception Location - Val Vista Lakes Gilbert, AZ      A-
http://www.valvistalakes.org/hoa/assn11015/ValVista-Banquet.html

I really loved having my ceremony and reception at Val Vista Lakes. Janet (the banquet manager) is really kind, and she knows a lot about the industry. She was the best part about VVL. I was not so impressed with her assistant Laura who worked my wedding. My vendors needed to find her before the wedding, and she couldn't be located. She showed up to coordinate the ceremony and then disappeared again. Aside from that, my guests gave me so many complements on how beautiful the place was. It's really a great value for a Sunday through Thursday wedding.

Photography and Videography - Memories Through Time A+
http://memoriesthrutime.com/

Mike and Amanda were my favorite vendors.  They were awesome!

Amanda and Mike were the best value for Phoenix photography and videography. They are a great team, and they capture every moment of your big day. They were so flexible and accommodating to my needs, and they never left me wishing I had booked a different vendor.

Amanda did a great trash the dress session for us, and she really captured our personalities in the shoot. She knew that I didn't really want to "trash" my dress, but she still provided an awesome set up.

Mike was great at shooting the video for the wedding. He shot the whole time, but never seemed to be in the way. He was great at helping me voice what I wanted in the video, and had a few lengthy conversations to make sure that it would be exactly what we wanted.

Overall Mike and Amanda offer great packages and even better service. They are a great investment for your lifelong wedding memories.

Flowers - Sam's Club D
samsclub.com

We purchased our flowers from Sam's Club, and it was a catastrophe. They "lost" our order, so we didn't have our flowers ordered until a week before the wedding. They only delivered half of the flowers we needed forcing us to find other flowers around the valley at high costs. The manager was incompetent at helping and could only apologize. The flowers were nice, but I would recommend going with a professional florist. Sam's Club was unprofessional and provided no resolution for their mistake. What had originally been a way to save cost us much more.

Dress - David's Bridal C
Davidsbridal.com

Oh David's.  They were absolutely terrible to work with. Your typical salespeople, brought dresses that were out of my budget, tried to get me to buy that day, then were really rude when they found out that I was just looking.  Based off of their salespeople, I would have failed them, but I can't deny that the quality of the dress I bought was really nice. I ended up buying the dress from a bride who no longer needed it, so I didn't have to deal with the salespeople anymore.

Alterations - Janet Kirkman A
http://janetkirkman.com/

I cannot rave enough about her service.  She was able to schedule me promptly, was extremely kind, and did fantastic work!  I wanted her to redesign my dress from an A line to a more fitted, semi-mermaid style.  The finished product was phenomenal.  Wedding dresses are her specialty, but she also does other garments.  Other services she offers are dress storage, steaming, garters, veils, shawls, and turning the dress into baby blankets, pillows, or a new dress.

Ceremony Music - Allegro Quartet A
http://www.allegroquartet.com/

The quartet was a really special touch during the ceremony. They played a piece that my mother in law arranged for us for our recessional. They provide a wide variety of arrangements to suit many tastes.

Cocktail Music - Anna Chepikova A
www.annaspiano.com/

Anna provided piano and vocal accompaniment for our cocktail hour and during dinner.  She did a phenomenal job, and my guests loved her.  She can play anything from classical pieces to modern ballads.  She provided a perfect ambiance.

Bartender - Pour Masters C-
pourmasters.com

I was deeply saddened by the bartender at our wedding. The owner was great, but I'm afraid the bartenders are sub par. The bartender called me on the day of my wedding to discuss her gratuity. It was inconsiderate and rude. I can understand if you want to discuss tip jar vs. host tip, but not on the day of.

During the reception she was surly and rude to all of my guests. Even the vendors mentioned that she seemed to be "off." She decided to put a tip jar out, which was against her contract. She would remove it any time someone from the wedding party would come near. She then solicited all of my family members for tips after the reception. I couldn't believe it when I heard about it the next day. She refused to leave and harassed my mother in law to write her a check. In the end she got tipped by me, the jar and my mother in law. Excellent tip for terrible service. We even discussed canceling the check my mother in law wrote her.

I'm torn, because I don't want to write a bad review for the owner. After the honeymoon, I called the owner and discussed my concerns. He did mention that she would be written up and HR would discuss her behavior with her. Overall he was apologetic about it, and he was really surprised that she had behaved that way. I guess I would recommend his business, but stay away from the bartender Kristy or Kristen...

Photobooth - Memory Makers AZ A
Memorymakeraz.com

The photobooth was awesome!  It was larger than a traditional booth, so lots of people could crowd inside.  We had both pictures and videos of our guests, which was a really special treat after the wedding.  I wish that I had hopped in it more!
Photobucket

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been waiting for your reviews! Thanks for posting and I'm glad you had a wonderful day! :)
  • Options
    LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting your reviews. I always love to read these. Sorry to hear about your bartender situation. That was very strange. I'm glad to hear that you liked everyone else though (aside from Sam's Club. lol).
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for posting- I had been waiting for your reviews too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the reviews. I have been debating what to do about where to get my alterations. I got my dress from David's Bridal, but I hestitate going back for the alterations, so thanks for the recommendation!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting your reviews, we are using Allegro Quartet.  Glad to know they did a fantastic job!
  • Options
    alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the reviews!

I wonder if we'll have Laura or Janet day of?  Did they leave a phone number to reach them by that day? 
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who did your cake? Were you the one with the cake wreck? Also, didn't you DIY your own food? How did that go? I'm just curious because it sounds like a ton of work and I want to avoid a cake catastrophe! haha :)
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bride Zilla, Allegro Quartet was really great!  They made the ambiance really romantic.  Their instruments cannot be in direct sun light, so if your ceremony is outside, you will need to buy a tent.  They are $100-$200 at costco or bed bath and beyond.

Alschmid, just a guess, but I think Janet would be doing yours.  I think she hosts the Fri/Sat weddings, and Laura does the Sun-Thur weddings.  Janet hosted my rehearsal, and everyone loved her.  Laura just wasn't as warm as Janet.  I think she went up to their office, but none of my vendors knew to look for her there.  She didn't leave a number to my knowledge, but I would provide all of your vendors with one ahead of time.

Mgumms, yeah I had the wreck.  I didn't post it, because I was a little torn.  I really love PJ and her customer service was amazing.  Her cake tasted amazing, but it had some structural problems.  I wouldn't want to give her a bad rep because of one cake.

We did diy our food, but it was a lot of work.  My dad has catered weddings before, so he had a system down.  We had about 5 friends who graciously helped out on the day to prepare all of the food.  People really liked the food, and it saved us a lot of money.  (We spent $1000 on food and supplies).  Dad's Catering had some great prices on a bbq reception, and would have been pretty close to what we spent.  They might be worth checking out.  Let me know if you have any specific questions about timing, cooking, recipes or where we bought our bulk items.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards