Catholic Weddings

Re: diet soda can affect reproduction

• More reasons not to drink soda.  I'm glad I don't drink it that often.  I might avoid it now moreso than ever.  Thanks for the info!
  • I highly recommend the book Anti-Cancer which explains, with reference to actual medical studies, how foods and other household/health/beauty items can be harmful to you. It basically changed how I shop.
  • i am convinced that cancer is caused by the foods we eat - cancer is on the rise, and food has gotten worse.
  • Have you read Eat Right for Life? It talks about cancer briefly, but discusses how our health is declining because the minerals we used to get from food are becoming scarce.

I'll have to check out Anti-Cancer. The women in my family have a really bad habit of dying young from cancer, and I've been told it's a matter of when, not if, I'll get cancer at some point. You can't fight genetics so I try to at least keep in control environment and nutrtion.
    image 312 Invited
    image 182 Are ready to party!
    image 127 Will be missing out!
    image 3 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No one I'm related to has ever had cancer, so I'm very lucky for that.  I'm such a diet soda drinker (at least 1 a day, usually) because I don't like coffee, so it's my caffeine.  And I carry all my excess weight in my mid-section.  After reading that, I'm thinking I'll make a big effort to give up soda. 

What are non-soda items that you enjoy drinking?  Not necessarily for caffeine, but also for taste?  I HATE water in the morning, for some reason. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_diet-soda-can-affect-reproduction?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:4426770f-e6fa-4b2b-84c3-90432454a2d1Post:98cd879c-6511-4e39-8b7d-2cbc531f7c37">Re: diet soda can affect reproduction</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you read Eat Right for Life? It talks about cancer briefly, but discusses how our health is declining because the minerals we used to get from food are becoming scarce. I'll have to check out Anti-Cancer. The women in my family have a really bad habit of dying young from cancer, and I've been told it's a matter of when, not if, I'll get cancer at some point. You can't fight genetics so I try to at least keep in control environment and nutrtion.
    Posted by maggieandrey[/QUOTE]

Definitely read the book - the chances of getting cancer are much more environmental than genetic. I believe your increased risk based on genetics is like 5% or less
  • I looooooove soda, but try to limit my consumption, since I know it is really, really bad for me. Also, I avoid artificial sweeteners at all cost. They are just not right. I try to avoid processed foods generally, but have been doing a (relatively) poor job lately.

Resa, I've come to really enjoy Seltzer water with a splash of juice. I got hooked on it when I was pregnant and couldn't have soda or beer or wine and was sick of water by the end of the day. It gives me all of the fizzy-ness of soda and a hint of sweetness, but since there's less than an ounce of juice (I eyeball it), the sugar content is pretty low. I use 100% grape juice, but you could use a "light" juice of your preferred variety (they are usually 50% juice diluted with water) and get similar results. My sister does it with lemon or lime squeezed in, which works as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i love iced tea, but only if its brewed with real tea bags - i dont like sweetened iced tea.
  • Biblio, that sounds great!  I've been drinking seltzer, but I think adding a little juice would make it more exciting!

Calypso, I like plain, unsweetened iced tea, too!  I should start making some!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards