Texas-Houston

wedding ceremony only

Hello, fellow brides! I am looking to get married this month, however, I need a wedding ceremony location indoors or outdoors. The problem I am coming across with churches is that they want me to become a member in order to have the ceremony there. Or some.places want me to also have the reception there too. I just don't want to pay an outrageous fee. Thank you, ladies!

Re: wedding ceremony only

• So you already have a reception space? Need a budget & guest count for recs
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• Heather's Glen is the venue I am using. They have ceremony only packages for a great price! Its in Conroe!
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
  • If you're not religious, then don't use a church.  If you are religious, then find a church to which you can become a member.  Churches don't like to be used as pretty venues, you know?

I will recommend the A.D. Bruce Religion center at the University of Houston.  It's a really beautiful space for ceremonies.  They don't do receptions.  But you should have no problem getting married there.

Also, try some outdoor areas.  Where's your reception?  The Discovery Green (downtown) is a big green space that can do ceremonies (very beautiful too!).  There are other nice parks and stuff around Houston.  You'd probably have to rent chairs, but the cost can be cheap.

SaveSave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards