Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Affordable Main Line Venue?

Hey guys!  Does anyone have any recomendations for inexpensive venues in the Main Line area?  My ceremony will be in Wayne (near King of Prussia) and I'm having a hard time finding a nearby reception venue, but I don't have a problem driving out to Exton or something. I know "inexpensive" and "Main Line" don't exactly go together, but I'm hoping someone has had some success here.  The best I've done with prices are the Columbia Station in Pheonixville, and the Radisson in KoP, but I'm hoping to still get lower than what they're offering. Oh, also it'll need to accomodate at least 150 guests without dividing them among different rooms.  I have a preference for hotels, but not a requirement. I'm looking to do a 5 hour reception with a sit down dinner and an open bar for ~$75 per person.  Am I crazy? Thanks so much for your help!!

Re: Affordable Main Line Venue?

• Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The most affordbale place I found actually ON the main line was The Radnor Hotel. It's still above your $/pp though - even for a Sunday.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that's tough.

Mine was on the Main Line but well over your budget. 
    Make sure you look at the cost after tax and grat btw as many venues do not include these.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea what the prices are like but did you check out the General Warren Inn? I think they have custom menus so maybe you can tailor it to fit your budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say that your budget is definitely a bit low for most places in the Philly area...but have heard nice things about bot places you are looking so far.  We wound up upping the budget to about $100pp because I wasn't finding places I liked any lower than that. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not on the Main Line but Center Square Gold Course has very affordable prices.  Center Square is between Blue Bell and Lansdale and wouldn't be too far from King of Prussia.  It may be worth checking out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I will def look into the General Warren Inn and Center Square! Yea, I have a feeling we will up the budget in the end, but I want to at least try as best I can (and be able to tell FI that I tried as best I could, lol)!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Not sure how far off the Main Line you are willing to go but I would also check out Presidentail Caterers. Its in Plymouth Meeting. I think you might have to go up a bit but not much and I think the centerpieces are included. My info might be a bit dated so I am not sure if they changed anything!

Sorry for not mentioning it earlier- just thought of it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JenE4423JenE4423 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Flourtown Country Club? I live in Devon and they're about 25 minutes away from me. They start at $78/pp for dinner and open bar. I'm having the same problem, we had to cut our guest list and raise our budget pp. I still haven't found a place! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bolingbroke Mansion is a very affordable site.  It's right off of KOP road.  The nice thing also, is that you choose your own caterer, so you can choose the food and services according to your budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    _Dagney__Dagney_ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Merion Tribute House?  It's simply stunning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards