Moms and Maids
Options

Over the Top BM Gifts?

So when I got engaged I was really excited about my ideas for gifts for my BMs, but as the big day gets closer I'm starting to rethink it all.  I'm worried I went a little overboard and wanted to get some opinions.  Here is a list of everything I am getting them:

- Personalized tote from theknot.com (on sale)
- Personalized keychain fobs
- Personalized tumblers
- Fleece blankets (Since the wedding is in October)
- Flip flops for the reception
- Lip balm (my cousin makes it)

Is that too much?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Over the Top BM Gifts?

• Options
    No, I think that's all fine, but it really depends on what's norm in your family/social circle. 
  • Options
    It is only too much if you went over your budget.

I know it is a bit late to say this seeing as you most likely bought everything, but did you even consider whether or not the items in your gift are things your girls will actually want/use in the future?  BM gifts should be less matchy-matchy and more individualized to each person's likes and dislikes.

Ask yourself this...would these gifts be something you would typically buy/think of when getting them something for their birthday or for Christmas?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_over-the-top-bm-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:ac123daf-64f8-41d2-9870-5cb73b31cc63Post:02b31179-4500-4a17-b92b-6a2b4fbd4971">Re: Over the Top BM Gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is only too much if you went over your budget. I know it is a bit late to say this seeing as you most likely bought everything, but did you even consider whether or not the items in your gift are things your girls will actually want/use in the future? <strong> BM gifts should be less matchy-matchy and more individualized to each person's likes and dislikes</strong>. Ask yourself this...would these gifts be something you would typically buy/think of when getting them something for their birthday or for Christmas?
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  </div><div>
    </div><div>But for your list as is, as long as you didn't go over your budget though, then I wouldn't think the amount of different items you've is too over the top.  However, if you've not yet purchased any of these things, I'd urge you to reconsider going the matchy/personalized route as it's usually not stuff people use after the wedding.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't think it's too much.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Tons of cute unique gift ideas! check out http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonstonecreation. it is such a cute shop with tons of handstamped jewelry, bottle openers, military related jewelry, keychains, cufflinks, etc... Makes great wedding gifts for bridesmaids & groomsmen. I really like the handstamped necklaces for the BMs. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards