Minnesota

a winter wedding without the winter theme?

I am getting married next winter, me and my FI hate summer weddings but I am in school so it will will be over break or within the first few weeks of school. I am having some problems with a theme though. I love pink, white, pearls, feathers, lace and anything vintage. I'm having a hard time putting it all together; it keeps felling like a summer tea party. Is it okay to have that feel in a december/january wedding? Or any ideas on how to make it wintery without snow or blue?

Re: a winter wedding without the winter theme?

• brimavenbrimaven member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of our vendors seems to have the right idea with this: It's your day, it should be what you want it to be, so just because your date is in the winter doesn't mean it has to be themed to the season.
  • edited December 2011
    I think you can create any look you want any time of the year that you want.  I think the combination of pink and pearls and lace will make a very pretty winter wedding without going overboard on the winter theme.  Its all about the other details such as the flowers and maybe you'll have a shrug wrap that plays into the cold winter idea
  • 2beMrsD2beMrsD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi sweetie89! The things that you like remind me of a Project Wedding bride miss_em2010.  Vintage glam in February (in Canada!)
    Here's the link to her bio: http://www.projectwedding.com/biography/list/miss_em2010

It looks gorgeous- I say go for it!
  • edited December 2011
    You do NOT have to have a winter theme for a winter wedding! Do what you love, guests will love the change and uniqueness- unlike many 'cookie-cutter' weddings.  I love the sound of your wedding :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards