March 2012 Weddings
Options

Ring Bearer/ Cardbox/ Guest Book

What is everyone doing for the ring bearer pillow, cardbox and gift box?  I'm having a really hard time finding something affordable that I like that fits in with our vintage theme.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
168image Are Invited to celebrate with the Newlyweds!
79image Will be joining the celebration
67image Can't make it
22image Are Procrastinating

RSVP Date 2/9

Re: Ring Bearer/ Cardbox/ Guest Book

• Options
    Just an idea for the card box, but maybe you can buy a box from a craft store (michaels has memory boxes for $2.50) and maybe cover it with a vintage looking scrapbook paper?

For my guestbook, I made a photobook on shutterfly.com of our engagement photos with boxes and pages throughout for people to sign and then I'm going to cover it to match our wedding theme/colors. Something similar to this, but my colors are purple & green -

diy cover for guestbook - change to fleur de lis in purple/green
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Options
    My Mom bought a box from Hobby Lobby (I think) and she is going to cut a slit in the top of it and cover the box with pictures of my and FI. So after the wedding we can use it to put mementos from the wedding or whatever we want in it.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We aren't having a ring bearer. I'm not sure what you mean by a 'gift box' but for our card box, we're going to buy a planter at Home Depot that looks like this: 

and then cover most of it the top with fabric, with a little bit left open to drop the cards in. Our theme is 'eat drink and be married' so I thought the barrel would be a good touch.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Out of those three things I am only doing a card box and I just got a unfinished mache box from Hobby Lobby (Less than $5), cut a slit in the top and covered it with fabric using a hot glue gun. Came out cute I think!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas ladies.  

I think I have it mostly figured out.  My uncle is an amazing carpenter, and I have some beautiful wood boxes that I've been given over the years.  I think I'll just have the ring bearer carry a small one.  That way its a bit more personal (and requires no crafting on my part;).  

For the guest book, I think I'm going to do the signature mat thing and after the wedding put a wedding photo in it.  

For the cardbox, I'm sort of inbetween using a vintage hatbox or renting a small vintage suitcase.  It's only $5 so I can't beat the price.  Do you think its absolutely necessary to have a card box?

Once again, thanks so much for the suggestions ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
    168image Are Invited to celebrate with the Newlyweds!
    79image Will be joining the celebration
    67image Can't make it
    22image Are Procrastinating

RSVP Date 2/9
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_ring-bearer-cardbox-guest-book?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:0dbc1381-19bb-44ad-87fb-71a46df21fb6Post:591c1bd3-0958-48cd-a28c-1a0dd478794d">Re: Ring Bearer/ Cardbox/ Guest Book</a>:
    [QUOTE]Out of those three things I am only doing a card box and I just got a unfinished mache box from Hobby Lobby (Less than $5), cut a slit in the top and covered it with fabric using a hot glue gun. Came out cute I think!  
    Posted by lisa&sean[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly what I did!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com
  • Options
    We are using a neat birdcage for our cards to go with our Spring/flower garden them. We are having both a plain fabric covered guest book and a picture frame mat for guests to sign. FI wanted both.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards