Georgia-Savannah
Options

What to Do, Where to eat in Savannah

Hello Savannah Knotties

I'm an old pittsburgh knottie, was married in Sept. 2008.  My husband and I are going to be staying in Savannah for a couple nights and I was wondering if anyone could recommend their favorite restuarants and some things you think visitors should see?  We are staying at the Marriott Riverfront in July.  Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Re: What to Do, Where to eat in Savannah

• Options
    hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Former Pittsburgh resident here  :)  We were married in Savannah in October.  One thing we really enjoyed was taking the Segway tour of town--it was just the two of us and a guide.  We also took a carriage tour after our wedding, which was nice, too.

Savannah is small enough to walk all over, so that's what we did... River Street, Forsyth Park, etc.  There are a lot of neat buildings to see.

We ate at some varied places--Vic's on the River, Ruth's Chris, Olde Pink House, Vinnie Van Go-Go's, a wing place, and Five Guys.  I'd recommend trying one of the local places; there are a lot of reviews online.

There's a theater downtown that supposedly has pretty good shows, but we didn't go.  I heard good reviews from people at our B&B, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you.  I'll check my message every once in a while since this board seems slow.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you visit savannahmenu.com, they have a listing of a lot ogf places in the downtown area along with menus.  Geribaldis is a really nice place we enjoy, and vinnies has great pizza.

There are trolley tours that run everyday but you can almost see what you want by walking around.
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have a ton on recs in my bio.  Sometimes it shows up on here.  Sometimes, you have to go find me on the Military Nesties board on The Nest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    BTW, I'm a local.  I've been here for most of my life.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My favorite restaurant in Savannah is Noble Fare; its a bit off the beaten path, and certainly a higher price point restaurant, but I had one of the best meals of my life here.  They have a website with the exact address (and menu I believe)...just google Noble Fare Savannah.  From the food to the ambience to the service, I can't speak highly enough of this retaurant.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recommendations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards