Ohio-Cleveland

Small and intimate venue

We are looking for a venue located around the medina area where we could have a small (100 people max) reception.  We initially looked for places that could hold a larger crowd so in order to stay with in our budget we've decided to cut down our guest list. Spending $80 a plate at acountry club is not an option for us bu my fiance hates the better priced party centers. We've been having a difficult time finding a happy medium between a beautiful place (with lots of windows or outdoors) and being frugal.   Just wondering if anyone has any hidden gem locations or budget tricks? Thanks so much :)

Re: Small and intimate venue

• edited December 2011
    We got married and had our reception at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Cleveland.  They have 2 large ballrooms and 1 small banquet room.  We were only having 65 guests, so our options were to have a divider put down the large ballroom and have 1 half set up for the reception and the other half set up for the ceremony or pick the smaller room.  We picked the smaller room.  It was beautiful and the food is amazing (it was the food that sold up on the place).

The room our recetion was in is called Shuckers.  It use to be an oyster bar but was redone and is quite classy looking.
  • edited December 2011
    Just throwing this out there, I went to price the Renaissance and they started at $115 pp with tax/gratuity. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am not sure who you talked to at the Renaissance.  Our menu was $48-$54 pp depending on what the entree the guests picked.  Because we had our wedding on a Sunday the floor length linens were free and chair covers and bows were 1/2 price.
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It likely depends what time of the year you are trying to get married, as well as the day.  Off season weddings on off days are probably your cheapest option.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Kimber0613Kimber0613 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  A great place is the Oaks Lodge at Chippewa Lake.  Small estate turned restaurant, they have a pagoda/gazebo right on the lake, gardens, great food and service, and a bridal room for the ladies to get ready in.

www.theoakslodge.com

Please feel free to message me if you have any other questions about the location.

Have a good day!
  • edited December 2011
    As far as the Renaissance goes, they e-mailed me a packet of info, for having a wedding on a Saturday night, in the summer of 2012.  So, that's probably why the price was higher. But, yes, having a wedding on a Friday or Sunday can be more cost effective.  We are having ours on Sunday, May 27 (of Memorial wknd) and that was definitely a factor.
  • JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Dowin North Canton/Green/Jackson is Willowdale Lake Country club, which is where H and I had our reception.  It was approx. $34 p/p and included everything (food, open beer/wine/soda bar, cleanup, hall rental, tax and gratutity).  it is not huge but is very pretty and has a wall of windows that look out over the lake.

Here's a list of nice but budget-friendly reception halls in the area that should be helpful. 
    http://www.wedcheaper.com/Cleveland-inexpensive-wedding-venues.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards