Christian Weddings

Resort Ages

Sooooo this might just be a stupid question, but i'm going to ask anyways because i can't find the answer on google!

I'll be 20 when I'm married this Dec and FI will be 22. The resorts we are looking at for our HM state that anyone under 21 who checks in must have a parent or guardian present. Would I be able to check in seeing as how I won't be 21, but I'll be married?

I figured I would ask here because more girls get married younger on this board than the others. Thanks! (and sorry if this is kinda out of place!)

Re: Resort Ages

• I would think since you will be married, it will be ok. Have your FI be the one to check you guys in. I would also call the resort and explain the situation, but I would imagine it will be ok lol :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • peachykeen26peachykeen26 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Your FI becomes your "guardian" when you get married.
    Just call the resort and ask.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_resort-ages?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:b9daf914-a98c-48ae-a063-3bce448ec608Post:d7f784f8-ac8b-4753-997b-fa241f312017">Re: Resort Ages</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your FI becomes your "guardian" when you get married. Just call the resort and ask.
    Posted by peachykeen26[/QUOTE]

Whaat??  Seriously?  I never knew that.

I would definitely call and ask and get something in writing, you don't want to pay to get there and then get turned away.
  • Seriously they become your guardian!?!  That seems a little weird to me... like creepy old pervert weird... lol
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks y'all! And I don't think she meant guardian in the legal sense, just he would be responsible in case I decided to trash the room or something... right?
  • I hope that's what she meant because that would be really creapy if it was not.  I don't have to worry cause I am already 21 but it is just weird to think of my FI ever being my 'guardian'
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards