Michigan-Detroit

Vent: David's Bridal!

I had an amazing shopping experience there! My consultant was the best. Just went in yesterday and she was there stopped what she was doing just to come say hi and see how everything was going! It was my first fitting and the dress fit like a glove. Only thing I needed was a bustle and it was $64. Not that bad in my opinion. Next person up was my MOH (my little sister) she needed her dress taken in, the hem shortened, cups added and the sash taken in. That came out to a grand total of $110. I could not believe the price! That just made a dress that cost me $150 go up to $260! So crazy to me! End VENT!!!! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker OurPlanningBio image 140 Made The Cut!
image 104 Are Ready To Party! image 6 Are Missing Out! image 30 Can't Find The Mailbox!

Re: Vent: David's Bridal!

• baileyleevbaileyleev member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry! How frustrating! Is it possible to have it altered somewhere else, word on the street is that DB alterations are WAYY overpriced!  

But I am glad to hear you had an awesome experience otherwise!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    David's Bridal alterations are WAY overpriced.  They don't need to have competitive prices because they already have you right there!  If they haven't started on her dress, definitely have her take it elsewhere.
  • drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am very glad that my dress does not need alterations (well, it shouldn't....)

I've also heard DB's alterations are overpriced. Sorry to here about that!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • edited December 2011
    If you haven't already, I would look into going somewhere else for alterations. IMO, DB alterations are way overpriced. Usually you can find someone else to do it for half the price and they do a much better job.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry you had a bad experience! That's no fun!

The alterations prices were in-line with what I've paid at other shops, but maybe I over paid too...however, IMO, alterations make the dress.
  • PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    It's too bad they are not accredited with the Better Business Bureau
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards