Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Invite Inserts...kind of a longer post

I am getting my wisdom teeth out over spring break, which is next Friday.  I know that my wedding is in July, but since I wlill be sitting around doing nothing, I decided I would compile and address all the invites.  Another reason I am doing it this early, when I get back home after graduation, we will need to send out the invites that week.  So instead of stressing myself out and addressing 130 invites, compiling them all and sending them out in a week, I decided to do them early.

So yesterday I had a free afternoon from classes, so I decided to work on our wedding invite insert.  On our insert we are using the one side to invite people to the reception and direction from church to the reception, the other side has the hotel accomodation information, wedding registry info and our wedding website link.  One of my friends did this, which is where we got the idea from and it saved paper and looked really nice.  Another thing is we already have 3 little cards in our invites.  One for the rsvp, another one inviting people to the Ohio Reception that his parents are having along with a rsvp card for that.  FI's mom insisted that we put it in with the invites so that peope know that even though his whole family won't be able to attend since they live 10 hours away, that they are still doing something for us.  So I went to my school's tech center, finished the layout and printed 3 sheets of them.  On each sheet, I put 2 of them.  Our invites are a smaller size so I printed 2 on each sheet so I could cut them down and also save paper. 

I decided to go hunting for a paper cutter.  I forgot to bring my invite so I needed to cut them down, then take them back to the dorm and see if I would need to cut them differently, etc..  I am a business major and our department doesn't have a paper cutter so I was told I could go upstairs and the education dept. would let me use theirs.  Well I go upstairs ask this girl Stacy(who happens to live on my dorm floor so she knows me) if I could use the paper cutter, that I just needed to cut 3 sheets of paper.  I explained that my business prof said they had one that I could use, that I wanted to use it in their department.  She told, "oh sorry the paper cutter is only allowed to be used by education majors and professors for educational purposes."  Seriously?!?!?!?!?  Then she said, "well you can use scissors."  I told her that I would normally use scissors, but these are the inserts for my wedding invites so they need to be the same exact size and look nice.  So I asked if I could speak with the head of the education department, but I was told he was in a meeting.  Thank God one of the education profs walk by.  The girl asks if I am allowed to use the paper cutter, the prof says, "oh no problem, as long as she just uses it in the education department." 

Ughhhh Stacy just pissed me off!!!!  She knows who I am and our school is big on not buying more than we need and being good stewards of our resources.  There is no need for every department in the building to have a paper cutter, so they share with the education department.  It just pissed me off that I had go on this run-around, goose chase because this girl was a b*tch.  Am I being a little insane here??  Or do you think she was being rude??   

Sorry this was long, it just felt good to type out. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invite Inserts...kind of a longer post

• Options
    edited December 2011
    She's crazy.

Good luck with the inserts- I expect pictures soon. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha thanks glad I'm not the crazy one ;)
    I'll have to figure out how to put them on here and block last name's and addresses.  When I do that, I'll put up a picture :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just use the paint program and black it out. It makes it easy that way.

Why not get your own paper cutter though? They're like, $9 at joann's with a coupon.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually found out that the library has one that is open to everyone on campus also.  Since I live in a dorm room, I have limited space.  Living 10 hours from home, I already have a bunch of crap and I just don't really have room for a bigger item like that.  I would only be using it for this project.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh.. okay. Mine is only 12 x 6 and less than an inch thick. It does a better job than any other paper cutter I've ever used before.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought a paper cutter for my invites and I love it.  It was totally worth the money and saved me so much time and effort.  I use it all of the time when I print pictures now. 

I'm just saying this b/c if I knew you IRL, I'd let you use my paper cutter.  Not all Stacy's are crazy :)
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards