North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Venture Hall and the Royal

Has anyone ever been to an event or had their wedding at one of these locations? Any feedback would be great!
Thanks in advance.

Re: Venture Hall and the Royal

• AbisoyeHAbisoyeH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    By Royal, you mean The Royal Banquet & Conference Center on Hillsborough Street, right? I've never been to a wedding there but I did go take a tour of it and it's a pretty good location for a reception. It should comfotably sit 200 from the looks of it. I liked how big the dance floor is and the fact that guests can step outside onto the big balcony if needed, kinda giving you some extra space. When I went there, they were having some sort of fundraiser so it wasn't exactly a wedding, but I got to see it set up for an event. It's actually still on my list of "doables" if nothing else shows up. I'm getting kinda tired of looking lol.  Oh, and you can bring in an outside caterer, which is a requirement for me so that's a huge plus for them.

I've never heard of Venure Hall though, where is it located?
  • edited December 2011
    Yes I was referring to the banquet hall. Thank you for all the information. I love the idea they have a balcony. Perhaps I'll set up a meeting soon.

Venture hall is located behind the IMAX portion of marbles museum. It is 1400 for a Saturday which includes quite a bit. If you click on the name above it links you to a picture. It is VERY reasonable and you can have outside caterers as well.

Out of curiosity, which caterer are you going with?
  • edited December 2011
    I visited Venture Hall this weekend. It's a nice sized space, but it would require lots of decorating. It's pretty sprase. 
  • AbisoyeHAbisoyeH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, sorry it took me so long to respond. As for the caterer, I'm having a Nigerian wedding, that spans over the course of 2 days. For the first day, we're having a traditional Nigerian caterer, hence why I was happy that The Royal allows outside caterers, and for the 2nd day, the hotel we're thinking of using will do the catering, so I don't have to look for a caterer for that.
  • edited December 2011
    My brother's wedding was at the Royal. It was very pretty all set up. There was plenty of room for 176 quest I believe and enough room left for dancing. THey used white hydrangea on the tables for centerpieces and candle votives around. White lanters on the steps leading up to the entrance. It was a great receptoin venue for them. Our family enjoyed it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards