Not Engaged Yet
Options

Opinions - Invite for my MOH's bridal shower

My MOH is getting married in April and I am her MOH. 

What do you think of this shower invite?  (It is my first mock up.)  I am not sold on the fonts yet. 

Re: Opinions - Invite for my MOH's bridal shower

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the graphic and the colors but I agree with the font.  With the wording your using maybe a fun font would work - like that curly one (I can't remember the name right off the top of my head tho!) Usually I just play around until I'm satisfied, good luck with it!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    RedMinxRedMinx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_opinions-invite-mohs-bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c4be05fa-fdf3-4ef3-a896-20b7a8a003d7Post:503fc91e-6e2d-4e39-abe4-1c29c5da51a1">Re: Opinions - Invite for my MOH's bridal shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the graphic and the colors but I agree with the font.  With the wording your using maybe a fun font would work - like that curly one (I can't remember the name right off the top of my head tho!) Usually I just play around until I'm satisfied, good luck with it!
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]
    I agree with Paige.  I love the graphic and the colors but I would go with a different font.  I always liked Lucida Handwriting.  It isn't too plain but isn't too much either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am looking for a very thin, simple sans serif font for the main font and then a curly, whimsical one that compliments the cake graphic. 
    The simple one is eluding me.  Grrrr.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's cute.
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    I was looking around and I found some nice curly-ish fonts that might help you out.  Try:
    Jandles
    Curlz MT
    Or I've found this curly fonts here
    Or try here they have a few whimsical fonts.

Hope that helps!

PS:I hope my links work...it's my first time trying with the new button!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    edited December 2011
    I love the way it looks.

Try Freestyle Script or french Script.

• Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I like the current curly font you already have. The invites are already supercute, in my opinion.

But if I'm understanding you, you're looking for a different plain font, yes?

I like Arial Narrow, Calibri, Trebuchet, Franklin Gothic Book and Lucida Sans.

Hope that helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards