Rhode Island

Date frustration

We wanted Oct. 11th, (10-11-12) but unfortunately our venue has an earlier event (not a wedding) so it wouldn't work out for us on that date.  We then tried for the 4th, also not available.

My bday is Sept. 25th,  I didn't really want the 20th or the 27th.  The 13th my fiance thinks is too close to Labor Day weekend and it will be much harder for people to get time off of work.  The 6th is out, too that is right after Labor Day weekend and August 30th is not going to work, the hotel prices are much higher plus most of them are already all booked up! 

So, this puts us at either Oct. 18th or early August.  We are thinking it will be hot and humid then and plus if we do Oct. it gives us more time to save more money.  I am a litte worried about the weather on Oct. 18th in Newport.  Oct is just such an unpredictable month and I really want the ceremony outside.  Plus it starts to get cooler and darker earlier and the ceremony would be around 5:30.

I don't know what to do!  Waiting until spring is not an option, I am almost 30 and ready to get the party started! LOL

Re: Date frustration

• edited December 2011
    I think an August wedding would be beautiful. Is your venue inside? If so the AC will make up for the fact that its hot out. On the other hand if you don't want to do that and don't want to have a wedding so close to your birthday, I'd suggest that you should probably consider waiting a few months until spring. I know you said you didnt want to due to your age etc... but you and your fi have already promised to be together forever. You promised that when you accepted his proposal for marriage. What's waiting a few extra months to spend the rest of your life with the one you love and having the wedding of your dreams? :)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • shaina925shaina925 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

The ceremony will be outside.  Our venue is the Castle Hill Inn in Newport.  Back up plan if it rains is in the chalet inside the tent. 

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    August is generally the driest month. Weather in general is unpredictable like this October has been beautiful. Your colors and theme should be an important aspect in deciding your date too. A october wedding is more Fall and August is definitely Summery if that makes any sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards