Moms and Maids
Options

Asking for help? (funny)

I understand that planning a wedding is the responsibility of the bride and groom. I love and appreciate that people have offered help. But I really found it funny when a particular person offered help by saying, "Can I help you with anything for your wedding, but I don't do bows, pick up stuff, contact vendors, or anything else bridal related?" This person wasn't joking. (But, I found the offer ironic and funny.) Anyways, I wanted to share my funny experience.  Tongue Out

Re: Asking for help? (funny)

• Options
    bahahahahhahaa! that is kind of funny... she/he could help put invites together help stamp invites... if you are doing programs she/he could help put those together.... maybe help set up on the day of or something... thats an interesting offer...
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • Options
    Hmm...
    "Can I help with the wedding in any way, as long as it doesn't involve helping with the wedding?"

That's like asking if you need help with dinner, but they refuse to go in the kitchen.  
  • Options
    pink34562000pink34562000 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_asking-for-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:8afefbd5-bfae-4c83-afc6-409e3567a890Post:a029ed59-740f-4b7c-9e4e-714d6b08e91d">Re: Asking for help? (funny)</a>:
    [QUOTE]::shrug:: As someone who constantly gets stuck doing that crap, I dont get the funny part, sorry. I'm happy wire in your sound system, arrange your music playlists, type up and format the ceremony text to fit into whatever you want your officiant holding, design and set up your lighting, or work on your wedding program layout. But God help the next bride who wants me to spend 2 hours gluing tiny hot sauce bottles to tiny cards or asks me to do HER job in some sort of vendor related something.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm sorry that you have bad experiences. With these DIY projects, either my FH and I did them or we hired someone. I was just surprised that someone volunteered to help with our wedding, but didn't want to do any wedding stuff. Irony makes me laugh. That's all!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_asking-for-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:8afefbd5-bfae-4c83-afc6-409e3567a890Post:499d8bbc-0dbf-447d-b96b-052ae67358a9">Re: Asking for help? (funny)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Asking for help? (funny) : I'm sorry that you have bad experiences. With these DIY projects, either my FH and I did them or we hired someone. I was just surprised that someone volunteered to help with our wedding, but didn't want to do any wedding stuff. Irony makes me laugh. That's all!
    Posted by pink34562000[/QUOTE]

That's not irony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards