Outdoor Weddings

second wedding

Hello,
I am finally going to marry the man I was destined to be with.  It is a second wedding for both of us.  We are both in our 50's and don't want a big to do.  We are going to quietly have a ceremony on a beach in Hawaii at sunset.  My problem is that I can't find anything to wear!  I don't want a wedding gown, but I do want him to miss a heartbeat when he sees me.

Re: second wedding

• Have you looked at "destination wedding" gowns?  They are usually much simpler, not as pouffy, and beach-friendly:-)   You could also look at dresses that are usually for bridesmaids -- they almost always come in ivory, champagne, sand, etc.  You could also look for a MOB-ish type dress (though in your 50s, you can totally pull off a bridal gown or bridesmaids gown).  
    Also, please come visit us on the Second Weddings board (under "Special Topic Wedding Boards").  There are a lot of over-40s and second (or even third) timers on there, and we love new people:-)
    DSC_9275
  • Bridesmaid dresses are a great option. That's where I'm looking. I want to be breathtaking, but no train, no giant dress, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards