Colorado-Denver
Options

Let's wake the board up a bit

Hello everyone,
I have noticed that this board is pretty quiet.  I come by and check it out from time to time, but it's been slow.  I haven't posted here in several months so I was curious, when is everyone getting married?  Are you still in the early planning stages, or is it crunch time?

Re: Let's wake the board up a bit

• Options
    kmac0527kmac0527 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!
    My name is Kelly and I'm 29 from Lone Tree. I mostly read the posts, I haven't really posted a whole lot at all.
    We are getting married 4/29/11. Our colors are royal blue, silver, and white. Our ceremony is going to be at St. Thomas More church, with the reception at Cielo at Castle Pines. We've got most of the major details picked, and are now just saving the $ to pay for everything. Have the dress, caterer, flowers, DJ booked. Thomas' mom is making our cake for us - yay!

Looking forward to hearing more details from everyone else!  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY! I want to know who's getting married next???

Come out, come out where ever you are!
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm 6/20/2010 so mine is soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hey eruthora, i think i might know you from somewheres Innocent

my name is Sara (and i'm a knottie addict!), me and my FI are getting married on 7/3/11 in Denver, Colorado-most likely at our synagogue

i haven't made any desicions yet, other than my mother's hair color-it must be EITHER brown or grey, not both.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married April 30 2011. Our colors are Tangerine and Turquoise.

We are having a small weedding with about 50-60 guest.

We have booked:
    Venue for church
    Venue for Reception
    Photographer
    Cake
    Dj
    Just bought my dress
    have my shoes picked out
    have mock up wedding invites made
    coloring books for kids make up (just need to print them off and put together)
    All of our music picked out (except for our first dance)

I will be making our Centerpieces and Flowers (already bought the Vases for the centerpieces just need flowers)

That is all i can think of for now!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Windsor on July 31, 2010. We're having around 160 people, so it's pretty good sized. We have all the big things done, but I've been saving up the small stuff until after graduation (which is tomorrow!). I know it will get crazier as it gets closer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! I'm Melissa, and we are getting married Sept 12, 2010 at Stonebrook Manor. We are just working on little things - how to address the invites, favor tags, and table #'s. We still need to decide on our cake and ceremony music, but other than that we're just super excited!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! We're planning on a July 2011 wedding, but haven't actually set the date yet. My df and I live in Denver, and have been having quite a bit of fun starting the planning (he's really into it, as are his two ds's! (dear sons)). We've begun the venue touring (have only done one so far) and will pick our date whenever we find the venue we love, depending on availability :)

Our colors will be pink and red (inspired by a bouquet photo I saw). A friend and her daughter are driving up from Pueblo tomorrow, and we're gonna take a first stab at dress shopping :)

That's me in a nutshell!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I may be the next one getting married.  June 12th at Stonebrook Manor-under a month to go now.  Colors are black and white, with pink as an accent.  Go for my third dress fitting next Thursday.  Just wrapping up final details.....Undecided

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey girls!  We're getting married Aug 21st this summer in Greenwood Village and our planning is wrapping up!  The only things we've got left is cetnerpieces/table numbers, waiting on RSVPs, and I need to find a good but decent priced person (preferably near Fort Collins) to alter my dress.  Any suggestions?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm getting married in 16 days! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    April 29, 2011!!!!!!!! Boettcher Mansion is the venue, thats pretty much as far as I have come in planning process.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Girls!
    We are getting married August 28, 2010 at Villa Parker.  Cake is picked, caterer-check, photographer-check, dress- check, tuxes-check, bm dresses selected and received, honeymoon booked, invited purchased, showers planned.  Things I'm working on:  bridal party gifts, music list, hair and make-up trials.  We are so excited to get married at Villa Parker.  Such a beautiful venue! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_lets-wake-board-up-bit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:ac764f0d-895d-4a2a-b6b8-1e8772d136ecPost:b227a36c-cf78-4f2c-a7c9-e34e413d4724">Re: Let's wake the board up a bit</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey girls!  We're getting married Aug 21st this summer in Greenwood Village and our planning is wrapping up!  The only things we've got left is cetnerpieces/table numbers, waiting on RSVPs, and I need to find a good but decent priced person (preferably near Fort Collins) to alter my dress.  Any suggestions?
    Posted by ylime1207[/QUOTE]

I'm meeting with Mary Jane in a couple of weeks for my first fitting, so I can't speak about prices yet. She seemed knowledgable on the phone and has a lot business. Here's her website: <a href="http://www.mjalterations.com/index.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.mjalterations.com/index.html</a>
  • Options
    ekurtenbekurtenb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our date is July 21, 2010! So it's definitely crunch time! Just little things to do now and we're stalking the mailbox for RSVP's!  I'm getting more and more excited but have a case of cold feet at the same time....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey All,
    My name is Jess, we're getting married September 10, 2011.  Thats right Im a 09-10-11 bride.  We've decided on the location, going to sign next week.  Thats about it, just a little DIY here and there.  Happy Planning everyone!
  • Options
    CareyLeah1910CareyLeah1910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So exciting to hear about everyone's upcoming weddings and to liven up this board!  My name is Leah and I am getting married on September 5th 2010 at the pines at genesee. We love their food and the view of Denver is amazing :)  Still need to book a florist so if anyone has some suggesions, please throw them my way.  Other than that, we just ordered our invites this weekend, and the boys still need to get their tuxes, and we need a cake, but we have everything else done!  Our colors and blue and pink, and its been a task coordinating the colors together :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jj_5150jj_5150 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's almost time for our HALLOWEDDING, yup we are getting marrried on halloween this year. I can't wait i'm so excited. Planning started off good, then i slacked alittle bit, and now i feel like i got alot to do still. but it is all coming together. We are meeting with our flower person on friday. :)
  • Options
    eowyneowyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm Lisa and we're getting married 10/16/10 at my church with the reception at Riverwalk.  I'm done with most of the major decisions: Cake - Azucar, DJ - guy at work, Photographer - girl at work, Flowers - CG Blume, Caterer - Black Eyed Pea.  We've sent out the STD's and I'm hoping that more people will RSVP on our website before we send out our invites because I want to invite a few more people!  So far the invite list is around 275 but I know that many won't be able to make it. 
    Now I need to settle down and dig into my DIY projects, which are many! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Parkside Mansion July 2011. Got the place, got the groom and its BYOB!! Ha, but we are bringing our own from Argonauts to be served. We are in the visualization stages, got colors, got participants, working on ideas to make things our own right now. We are both teachers so once school gets out. (10 more days for me :(   ) we will dig in a bit more.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Getting married in 5 days at Mount Vernon CC with 75 guest colors are red and white. Check the profile if you want to see the dress. We got our wedding done in under a 7K budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards