Connecticut

HK Brides

We signed our contract with HK about 2 weeks ago or so and I've emailed them three times since then to try to schedule our engagement shoot but haven't gotten any responses.  They were amazing with communication prior to signing the contract but not sure if they are just busy lately.....has anyone else run into this?

Also, any great places you did your e-pics with them?  We are still trying to think of someplace cool....like pics from Lighthouse Point in New Haven but have never actually been there....will they have nice foliage in the fall or are there even any trees?

Thanks ladies!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: HK Brides

• edited December 2011
    We met with them last weekend and haven't had any issues yet (other than them not cashing our check, but come to find out they wanted to meet us first to be sure we clicked). They did mention they have been super busy and need to catch up. While it does stink, I wouldn't worry about it.

Side note, I'm having the same type of 'issue' with DJ Melee, as I can't seem to receive emails from him with attachments I don't want to come across as a pain, but I want a copy of our signed contract to know we're all set.
    It's hard not to overthink.
  • edited December 2011
    I am a HK bride also! They must be very busy, because one of the greatest thing I have found out about them since signing (in May) with them, is that they are AWESOME at responding.  I have never had an issue with them before, so I would say just give it a little time and they will get back to you as soon as they can.  Hope this helps! Good luck!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • LandB2012LandB2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Awesome, thanks girls!  I guess I am overthinking it....I'm just excited to do my pics and then the STDs!  I'm the same with being afraid I'm coming across as a pain.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    LandB, they've been great with communication with me. They are definitely busy; last time we chatted, they were mentioning all the weddings they just finished over the weekends. I know what you mean about not wanting to be a pain. :)
    Visit The Knot! Visit Connecticut.Weddings.com Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry too much.  If you really need to get in touch with Hubert and you're that concerned, call him.  If you don't have his number, let me know.  I know I have it somewhere.

We did our engagement pictures at Elizabeth Park Rose Garden, but it was during the summer.  For fall foliage, have you thought about maybe an apple orchard?  Some of the orchards have really beautiful fall displays too.  Once the trees change, it could be a really fun and different location.  I don't know if the apple trees actually change color, but surrounding trees would.  I keep thinking of Blue Jay Orchards.  Jones Farm might be good too because they have a pumpkin patch and nice surroundings.  Here are some of our engagement photos in case you want to see some of their work: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.199915520503.274020.808905503&l=8644d2ba28&type=1

I know Hubert and Alka have shot a lot at Lighthouse Point.  It was one of the locations we were thinking of.  You might ask Hubert about good fall locations.  He gave us a lot of great suggestions for the time of year when we did ours.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We signed with HK back in May and we've had no problem whatsoever getting in contact with them! They've been great with everything. We just had our e-pic session last Wednesday and they did mention to us that they have been really busy lately and are a little behind with editing pics. I'm sure they'll get back to you sooner than later!

We took our pictures at 2 different locations. One of them was Topsmead State Forest in Litchfield. It was awesome up there!!! There's so many places to take pictures. There's huge meadows with tall grass, barn-type houses, and lots of flowers and etc. I'll post pics when we get them back!! I'm dying to see them! We had so much fun with Hubert and Alka! They really are the best and are so creative!!! 

Hope you get in touch with them soon! I bet you can't wait till the e-pic session! I know I couldn't! 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Messaging you on this one!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards