Indiana

South Bend Hair Salons

I'm looking for me and my bridal party to get our hair done somewhere in South Bend. I was considering Salon Nouveau or Nicholas J Salon. Anyone have any input about either? Any other salon suggestions?

Re: South Bend Hair Salons

• acwmacwm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a big fan of Emblazon Salon downtown. Salon Rouge is also good. I haven't been to Salon Nouveau but liked Nicholas J when I went there. Hope that helps!
    Photobucket
  • HinesWeisHinesWeis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have had my hair done at all of the places listed above. I had the WORST experience with Salon Rouge. Nicholas J or Salon Nouveau have never done me wrong! I've never been to Emblazon though.
  • acwmacwm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To be honest, I haven't been to Salon Rouge in several years, so it may have declined. I go to Emblazon regularly and will gladly sing their praises; and I was at Nicholas J about a year ago and liked it. Also, Salon Fusion does great updos that last all night, but I've never been there for anything other than an updo.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I think Ja Ross in Granger offers packages for brides, but they have mixed reviews on here.

http://national.citysearch.com/profile/4018583/granger_in/ja_ross_salon_day_spa.html
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Be careful with Ja Ross. My sister-in-law booked that salon for her wedding just last month and was outraged with the experience. The stylist didn't do her hair AT ALL like she wanted it done AND her hair style had been previously practiced before the wedding. Only 1 of her 6 bridesmaids liked how their hair turned out, and the MOH told the stylist that did her hair that she'd have to take it down and redo it like she had asked for. That resulted in the stylist getting an attitude and harshly ripping the pins from her hair and throwing them on the ground! Not to mention that their prices are ridiculous from what the bride told me. She told me that it cost her over $200 for her and the flower girl to get their hair done. Her hair had to be redone by the owner, but since everyone's hair was getting finished 2 hours late, it was a rushed re-do and didn't make the bride happy with the final result. And the flower girl's hair was nothing more than a curled side ponytail that didn't even make it through the ceremony. The next week the bride called and talked to the owner about how unpleased she was. I will say that the owner did try to make it right by refunding all of the bridesmaid's money (not the bride's for her and the flower girl's hair though) and fired the stylist that got the attitude and ripped pins from the MOH's hair, but that was after the fact. I usually try to focus more on the positive, and hesitate to give such long and negative reviews for a business.....but I'd hate for any other bride to have something like this happen to them on their special day. I hope that this helps.
  • BRIDEOCT05BRIDEOCT05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had a pretty good experience at Salon Nouveau as a bridesmaid.
    They were nice and very accomodating, happy to have us.
    I had an awful experience as a bride and bridesmaid at Hair Crafters :(
    its like they all went to the same up do class: -just spray the S*^T out of their hair -class.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards