California-San Diego

Small Intimate Outdoor Wedding Venue Help!

Hello everyone, 

We are looking for a venue for our wedding ceremony that is outdoors.  We both LOVE the outdoors and would like to have a good backdrop for a wedding be it a garden or even something near the coast with a good view, which is why we are leaving the tundra of Minnesota to have it somewhere in southern CA.

Any advice on a good place for a wedding party of 25-30 would be spectacular! Especially since we cannot quite fly out there to tour just yet due to our budget. 

I have looked for hours to no aval since most venues are either too big or charge a flat rate for a much higher guest list than we have.

Reception is not necissary. Lodging is a plus if possible.  Essentially we want an outdoor wedding ceremony with a beautiful backdrop that is small enough to remain intimate for our smaller party.  

Thanks!   

Re: Small Intimate Outdoor Wedding Venue Help!

• edited December 2011
    The Wedding Bowl, aka Cuvier Park in La Jolla is an intimate setting overlooking the ocean.  It is set down in a recess so it isn't just out in the open.  I "think" the park permit fee is $500. 

http://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/parks/shoreline/cuvier.shtml

Across the street is a little hotel.  http://www.scrippsinn.com/.

If you're looking for a photographer, check out Unveiled Wedding Photography...they are fantastic.  www.unveiledwedding.com

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Here's a link to all of the outdoor wedding spots offered by the City of San Diego (including the Wedding Bowl). Presidio Park has four different, smaller areas that you might be interested in. The park itself is set up on a hill and has a nice view of the bay.

imageimage
  • LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ocean View Villas is a vacation rental where you rent the place for the weekend I believe and there are 5 2-bedroom condos on property. The condos themselves are very nice. The back yard overlooks the ocean. It's in a more cliffy part of town and the town itself is a little more of the hippy vibe than elegant but it's a great little spot and you can stay right there.

Also check out the Japanese Friendship Garden in Balboa Park, The Darlington House, and the Hilton Garden Inn in Carlsbad. 

Let us know how your search is going! I will keep trying to think of more places.

• rade0120rade0120 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thank you SO MUCH for all of the advice everyone! 

It helps out a lot and please feel free to keep shooting out ideas.  It can be difficult to sift through all of this when we live in Minnesota.

As I type this more windows are popping up for further investigation :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards