Connecticut

how bad was the snow in Connecticut?

I hope you are all doing well.  Most of my family is from CT and they said it was crazy. 

Re: how bad was the snow in Connecticut?

• I live innbridgeport, it's pretty bad over here. They haven't plowed my street yet!
  • Im in West Haven, heard we may not be plowed out til Monday! New Haven schools are already closed for monday too. We have about 3-4 feet in our parking lot, we cant get anywhere even if we wanted to!
  • I'm in shelton and we haven't been plowed out either. I can't even get out our front door. We have a 10 ft snowdrift leaning against the front window.

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Ditto on still being snowed in! I am in Trumbull and our streets are not plowed and might not be until Monday!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Very bad! Over 3 feet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • missmarry2013missmarry2013 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I stayed with a friend in Tolland and still digging out the cars.
    counting down to the big day
  • My parents are in Trumbull and the first pass on their street wasn't until this morning.    We were without power for 23 hours in EL.
  • We got about 2 ft 8 inches in East Hampton.  My street just got plowed this morning but a neighbor said that she heard that our neighborhood's roads are some of the best in town so they probably won't have school tomorrow.  The school district where I work has closed for tomorrow. 

We tried digging out yesterday but it was too cold and the wind was too bad.  We did way more work today in about the same time period.  And it was great to see all of the neighbors helping each other out with shoveling, snow blowing, borrowing roof rakes, etc.
  • 39 inches in Milford. It was crazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2013 brides December 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaids Dress
  • Bad! My street was plowed but my condo complex wasn't until today! Crazy amounts of snow!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • I know the majority of the state got hit hard, my parents in waterbury got 30 inches!  but down here in mystic, we only got a foot.  some of the smaller roads and somewhat isolated neighborhoods in the area took a very long time to plow and people were stuck, but in general, the amount of snow down here wasn't too bad.

We didn't lose power, but again, some more isolated neighborhoods did
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards