Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Bridal Beginnings

Hi Everyone!

I've been MIA a bit lately - lots going on in life and wedding planning has taken the back burner.  But my mom, sister and I are planning on taking off June 1st and going dress shopping. There are 3 dresses I have found in magazines that I like and all are carried at Bridal Beginnings so I thought that would be a good place to start. I've heard not so great things about this place and was wondering if anyone had a salesperson from there they would recommend?

Also, should I make a second appointment somewhere else for that day.... or is that going to be overkill?

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Beginnings

• edited December 2011
    Leslie was my consultant from there and she was wonderful!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had Karen and she was also very good! GL!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Lindsay!

I actually had a really good experience at BB. Cheryl was my consultant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Anne326Anne326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi There,
    I worked with Dorothy at BB. She was wonderful! They call her "Dorothy the Magic Dress Lady" because she has a knack for picking "the" dress on the first appointment. My friend told me this and that it worked for her and at least 2 of her friends. I went there kind of skeptical but Dorothy pulled through and I bought my dress that day. Actually, I have a fitting tomorrow.

Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • katie88fkatie88f member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also had Karen and really loved her.  I was worried about the reviews as well, but I had a great time and really enjoyed the shop.
    I made two appointmetns for one day and had to cancel the 2nd one.  Im so glad I went to BB first.  They dont rush you so I was there for about 4 hours trying dresses on!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Everyone! This is really helpful.... I just want to have a generally good experience and I was a bit nervous about what I heard in prior reviews. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shortyhartzshortyhartz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!

I'm glad some girls have had a good experience there, but I have to say, I didn't love the women at BB (Cheryl was my consultant).  However, they did manage to find my dress!  My feeling from them is that they love you until it looks like you might not buy whatever it is they are trying to sell you, whether it's jewelry, veil, shoes, etc, then their attitudes completely change and they can't wait to get rid of you.

I've also had issues with them and scheduling appointments.  Twice I've been told one time and even after confirming the time, we show up and it's a rude "No, you are 30 minutes early..."

I have had good experiences with The Exquisite Bride (route 8) and that's where we bought our bridesmaids gowns.

Good luck with your hunt!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards