We got married May 19. 63 days ago.
I loved my wedding day. Not everything went the way I planned, but it was still a perfect day.
Things that went wrong
1. We had written our own vows, but during the ceremony our officiant accidentally rushed past it and into the next part of the ceremony. I think he got confused and we were taken off guard and didn't stop him. But we shared them in private later which was still nice.
2. Noone stood up when I was coming down the aisle. The officiant forgot to say "please stand" so everyone kidn of like turned in shock as the doors opened and I started walking down.
3. My flowers were nothing like I planned. Even though the florist and I talked about it a alot and I provided specific pictures. Still, they were beautiful and not something I really regret.
4. The best man's speech was a complete mess, but hubby and I laughed about it throughout our entire honeymoon. Plus my MOH's speech was amazing and I think everyone forgot about the best man's once hers began.
5. I feel like i missed the reception. Between talking to everyone and taking pictures with everyone who requested it, I didn't get the chance to dance except for like 2 songs. Then we decided to take go take sunset pictures which took about 45 minutes. And by the time we got back to the reception everyone was leaving. that might be my biggest regret-just not enjoying the reception the way that I pictured.
But watching the wedding video I got to see the whole day in replay which feels really good. Plus pictures will be done by Wednesday so that's something to look forward to!
In general the whole day went by so fast, but it was literally the happiest day of my life. Everything looked beautiful, i felt so loved, and I finally got to marry the best man in the world. So even though things weren't 100% perfect, it was still the best day ever. Likewise our honeymoon was amazzzzing.
While I felt a little bit of sadness that the planning was over, I"ve really been enjoying married life. And now, 2 of my best friends are engaged and I am the matron of honor for both and I've been helping them with planning so that's filled some gaps lol. So the next year should be interesting.