Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Site Just Cancelled!

The place we had paid a deposit for, and signed a contract with just cancelled out on us!
The event is 4 months away and my invitations are already done!
Anyone in the KC area with any ideas, please, let me know!

Re: Site Just Cancelled!

• Options
    sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry this happened to you! What site was this? What was their reason for cancelling? If you already paid the deposit and had a contract, they shouldn't be able to do this. Are you getting your deposit back at least? We had this happen to us, but it was only three weeks after we signed the contract and a year from the wedding, so we had time to find somewhere else. We didn't have any other vendors booked yet. I hope you can find somewhere else that is available that date so you don't have to see if all of your other vendors can change the date, too. Our reception is at the Matt Ross Community Center at 80th and Metcalf in Overland Park. http://www.opkansas.org/Things-to-See-And-Do/Matt-Ross-Community-Center. What area of the city are you looking for?
  • Options
    HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow - I'm so sorry that happened!!

Where is your ceremony going to be? How large is your guest list?

Knowing those things would help narrow down sites.

I'd say try parks, ballrooms, hotels, country clubs, historical sites (apparently museums are pretty popular...?)... just for starters.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope you are having an okay time finding a replacement venue. Was there a issue with them going bankrupt or were they just being dumb and screwed up their schedule? It is helpful to share what place it was so we don't recommend the same one. Also what size are you looking for and what area?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards