Ohio-Cleveland

Reception Venue Help Please!!

I am having a horrible time finding a reception location. Any ideas or input would be very much appreciated !

Here is what I am looking for :

1. Outdoor
2. Bring your own caterer (or Old Carolina BBQ is a preferred caterer)
3. Bring your own alcohol
4. Accomodates 125-150 people
5. Scenic and has lots of opportunities for pictures
6. NOT A MILLION DOLLARS !!
7. Within 45 minute drive of Parma.
8. Unique location

Here is what I am NOT looking for:

1. Party Centers (HATE THEM!!)

I have already looked at:

1. Hale Farm and Village (not off the list, dont like indoor backup option and hoping for cheaper)
2. Conrad Botzum (not off the list, but having a horrible time communicating with them)
3. Gervasi Vineyard (exactly what I am looking for in terms of location, dont like food or price, off the list)

I am open to pretty much anything ! Golf courses, parks, farms, etc.

Oh and if you have any extra info on the 3 places I have already looked at, please share ! Good and bad experiences, I like to hear them all !!

Thanks so much in advance !!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception Venue Help Please!!

• joshuavanajoshuavana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Galleria downtown. The room is a little expensive, but since you can bring your own caterer and alcohol it ends up being pretty affordable. Nice patio too. 
  • Jenjs4Jenjs4 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When are you planning on having your wedding? I ask because my venue is already booked for most of summer 2012. But I think you would like it.

Brookside Farm in Louisville, Oh (near canton) It's a renovated barn, and when i say renovated i mean it! not like some of the other barns around here. You can bring your own alcohol and caterer. The price can be a little pricey, depending what your budget is but they do a discounted price on Fridays and Sundays.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if you have actually eaten at Gervasi's, but the food is amazing! Our wedding was waaay too big for the location.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic *This is not legal advice*
  • edited December 2011

I loveed the food at Gervasi's but we are looking more for a BBQ, cornhole, bocci ball type reception, so the food was a little fancy.

I will definately look into Brookside Farm ! Our date is September 7th 2013 so I have quite awhile :)

Thanks girls !!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • meli307meli307 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We recently had a party at the Filipino American Cultural and Civic Center. It's on W. Ridgewood near Broadview. It's easy to pass up if you miss the sign because you can't see the venue from the street. Inside, it's pretty nice. It also has an outdoor gazebo area for an additional charge. Just outside of the hall, there is a patio area with a few tables. You can bring your own food/alcohol. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards