Ohio-Northeast

nicholson house lakewood ohio

hello :) I have fallen in love with this site for my reception and I was just wondering if anyone who has used them in the past or are working with them now, would be willing to share any reviews and/or pictures? Thank you :)

Re: nicholson house lakewood ohio

• edited December 2011
    hi there!

i looked at the nicholson house when we first got engaged and were planning on getting married in the cleveland area (we've now settled on mill creek park in youngstown, where i grew up). i definitely fell in love with the place just like you did! my issue was the occupancy limit, i knew my wedding would go over that amount (i believe it's 75 people inside, anything over = outdoor seating). on the plus side, you don't really have to worry about decorations on the inside :)
    their website is fairly informative (if you need it i have the link still) and it looks like a fantastic place for a small wedding. a friend went to a wedding there recently and said it was gorgeous, but having all the guests split up in different rooms was a little odd.
    sorry i can't offer too much more... but i saw your post and wanted to share what little i could!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hello - I booked the Nicholson House for my August 27th wedding this year. I have been working with the house manager Karen and she gave me a couple people's names who have used the house before (I'd be happy to forward you their emails to me if you'd like). We don't have all the details sorted out yet, but I plan on having around 50 people, having the ceremony outside on the porch and the tables set up inside (they will have to be in 2 different rooms). Then high tops outside for people to mingle afterwards. Are you planning on using the house?? I love it too, it's unique and helps us have a more untraditional wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards