Georgia-Atlanta
Options

anyone know of a super affordable metro-atl ceremony & reception venue??

We are on a $7,500 total budget for our November 19th wedding with 115 guests. And I can not find any venues that I can afford. If anyone knows of one please let me know!! Smile

Re: anyone know of a super affordable metro-atl ceremony & reception venue??

• Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not getting married in the metro area, but have you checked out any country clubs? We are having our reception at one in Elberton, GA. and it is only costing us $150 for the entire day, tables, linens, everything. Granted this is a small town, so I don't know how ATL CCs compare, but maybe try some in the suburbs? You may face membership requirements, but that's easily solved if any family/close friends are members. You could maybe have the ceremony on the lawn and then the reception inside? 

In general, its often good to think outside the box with venues. Anything "wedding-ish" is more likely to have a jacked up price. Not always, but often. You can try local parks if you don't mind the outdoors, maybe a banquet hall like Killian Hall if you want something inside? This one may not be big enough for a ceremony AND reception in one place though, esp for 115 guests. 

Good luck!
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is less than that.....and it's at a winery in North Georgia (with a plated dinner and four hours of their full selection of wines) for about the same number of people. 
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_anyone-of-super-affordable-metro-atl-ceremony-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:3eb8be11-1dd8-470b-806c-e89fda5b383ePost:3d2f8d97-09e2-440e-909f-d59b2968ea24">Re: anyone know of a super affordable metro-atl ceremony & reception venue??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding is less than that.....and it's at a winery in North Georgia (with a plated dinner and four hours of their full selection of wines) for about the same number of people. 
    Posted by HYDROPHILE[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Really? That's great! Where is it?

</div>
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    jjgoodinjjgoodin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am getting married at Windermere Golf Club in November. They are offering SUPER CHEAP all inclusive packages right now! My wedding planners name is Jamie- 678-513-1000 x 4

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_anyone-of-super-affordable-metro-atl-ceremony-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:3eb8be11-1dd8-470b-806c-e89fda5b383ePost:aed99872-27c1-4664-8ce0-7878bc0b4019">Re: anyone know of a super affordable metro-atl ceremony & reception venue??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: anyone know of a super affordable metro-atl ceremony & reception venue?? : Really? That's great! Where is it?
    Posted by My_Matt[/QUOTE]

Blackstock Vineyards and Winery, but........we signed our contract in 2010 for our wedding this August.  It looks as though the prices increased.
  • Options
    TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gala Special Events Facility in Marietta allows you to bring your own food and alcohol (or you can use their caterer).  The space is nice, and the owner seemed willing to work with people's budgets.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lambert Place
  • Options
    chcatlchcatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Houston Mill House which is part of Emory.  The place is beautiful!!!  I think its very reasonable.  You can spend up to as much, or just the minimum, its up to you and woth a try checking them out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards