Louisiana-New Orleans

DJ Recommendations?

First off, thank you everyone on this board for all of your recommendations so far!  I've already booked my photographer and florist as a result of the tips here, and so far am very happy with both of them!

I'm wondering if any of you could provide recommendations for DJs?  It seems like bands are the more popular option, but we really want to go with a DJ.  We don't want one that is in your face though or handing out props, but someone good who will keep everyone on the dance floor and can make a few announcements.

THANK YOU!

Re: DJ Recommendations?

• I'm using Omega Sound & Entertainment based on reviews from the ladies on here. :)
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • I also used David Storm with Omega Sound for my wedding and he was awesome! He had us singing and dancing all night. My wedding was last February and as my anniversary is coming up, people are still talking about how much fun they had!
  • Our venue includes a DJ, but if we had the option to choose, I would go with John at Jack Magic Entertainment.  He's been the DJ for other events I've helped host and did one of my friends' weddings and we had a blast. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're also using Omega...they have an awesome app you can use on your phone and add songs to your playlist! We went out Fri night and had so much fun adding songs we could tell had people excited on the dance floor...made me so excited for the wedding :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_dj-recommendations-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:ee71dd20-3e77-4f84-a7e8-31c40dd1d7f7Post:9c8a6f8b-c5a8-4688-b9e6-d46c283269e4">Re: DJ Recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're also using Omega...they have an awesome app you can use on your phone and add songs to your playlist! We went out Fri night and had so much fun adding songs we could tell had people excited on the dance floor...made me so excited for the wedding :)
    Posted by mwaters21[/QUOTE]

THAT sounds really awesome! thanks for mentioning that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just posted this in response to Kate504's vendor referrals, but thought I'd post it here as it pretains to David Storm and Kate504's comments. Some things mentioned in this post refer to things said in Kate's reviews so please see them for the full story.

"Just to shine some light and clarify. David Storm was my DJ and I LOVED him and I was pretty shocked to read your reviews because he wasn't at all like that for my wedding and that's pretty uncharacteristic compared to prior reviews he's gotten and now I see people getting concerned. So since I've recommended him a lot on the boards, and I don't want to be that girl that recommends bad vendors I asked him what happened, because there are 2 sides to every story. He said, as far as "cheesy" MCing, he didn't think he did anything cheesy or out of the ordinary, and he wasn't cheesy for mine, but maybe it is a personal thing that each bride should discuss with their entertainment. He also said as far as the music went that he did everything he could to make the bride happy. He said it was the day the Saints lost to the 49ers (not that that has anything really to do with it) and the bride said she wanted to dance but not do a lot of slow dancing so he didn't play some of the must plays like Hotel California and Bennie and the Jets. He said other than that, there may only have been 1 or 2 other songs from the must plays (20) that didn't get played but he was of the impression that everyone was happy. He said he always saw the bride on the floor, cutting it up, with a drink in her hand. He did mention the not playing the "music" you referenced. He said it was only one song and that it was The Wobble and it wasn't that he didn't want to play it but that the bride came in and asked for it "very early in the evening" and he simply said it would be better played later so it would be better received. He also mentioned that it was asked for again right before the cake was cut which he said he'd play it right after the cake was cut, which he did and everyone packed the dance floor. I'm not trying to be a pot stirrer but there are 2 sides to every story and to me I think it's an issue of maybe personal incompatability. Maybe he wasn't the perfect fit personality wise, which as I said, every bride should make sure of, but all in all from what he said and what you said, it sounded like everyone had a good time and maybe it is, as you said, a little "nit-picky"."
  • An update and GENUINE APOLOGY posted on Kate504's Vendor Review Post:

Genuine apology - I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to question anyone's credibility or diminish anyone's personal opinion. Since my wedding, we've used Omega for a couple of things and I guess we've gotten a little friendly since then and I may have taken things a little too personally. I posted what I posted because I knew that that wasn't typically how he is and I saw a lot of people starting to worry because of her opinion and maybe I did go too far. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that is the sole purpose of this board, so if I stepped on anyone's toes, I am genuinely sorry.
  • Sent requests to Omega Sound and Jack Magic.  THANKS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards