Flowers

Red Roses, Classy not overdone?

I would very much appreciate any input: I am set on having red roses, I am a true Disney Princess at heart. Beauty and the Beast especially. So the rose has special meaning to my girly self. I want to be sure to keep the look of the reception and ceremony beautiful and classy without looking like a Valentines Day dinner.

Any ideas?

Ex: using the same color blooms that have different shape to make the roses more noticible. Glitzy and fun ideas are very much welcome too!

TIA everyon
~All the love you put out will return to you~

Re: Red Roses, Classy not overdone?

• McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think red roses are always classy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Love it..
     Full red roses for you

Mixed shades and sizes, including spray , for the girls and centerpieces. 

NO babies breath or white.. greens miniman... possibly a bit of silver or sparkle though.

check out all the different shades of red roses ar   www.riorose.com

be sure to work with a florist that acknowledges the different types of red roses.  You can come up with something classic, impressive and interesting by combining several shades... 

stay away from long stems ferns and babies breath and rock it... useswirleg eel grass, or coiled curly willow tips for texture rather than a lot of fern and such... 

Yummy... good luck and be a princess!!!!

• edited December 2011
    I think keeping anything green or white out of the bouquets would keep them classy. Also, don't add anything like Gerbera daisies or carnations. Using reds in different textures would be beautiful, but use classic flowers like red spray roses, red garden roses and even the red calla lilies. It' the one day you can be a princess, so go for it!
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Red roses were my second choice (I went with white).  You can't go wrong with them.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the idea! Sounds pretty!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • eospassioneospassion member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the advice! I've never worked with flowers very much. I love the idea of not using baby's breat etc and using lots of different shades of red roses! I'm not big on greenery so your ideas are all lovely sounding!! I'm looking into florists, and with this list will be able to go prepared!

What would you think of using some garland/cascading soft yellow honeysuckle for a  few accents? Like in the larger decorations at the alter and possibly in the bridal bouquet?
    ~All the love you put out will return to you~
  • edited December 2011
    Try Fire and Ice roses.  Red, but with something a bit more modern/less over used.  That's what I used in my bouquet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards