Catholic Weddings
Options

Wednesday chat

I need more entertainment from you ladies!!  This board is FAR too quiet today. 

What's on everyone's minds?  I'm stressing about BM gifts (wedding is 11 months away but I just know this one will be a challenge!), and  I still haven't picked a MOH but I just can't pick!  Otherwise, I'm thinking about how much I can't wait for the weekend to hurry up and get here!

Re: Wednesday chat

• Options
    HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just chicken out of picking an MOH and I did my BM gifts slowly and just bought stuff when I was out and saw something.  LIke, hey Sarah would love that.  Made it much less stressful.

I'm baking. I work odd shifts so I have off for the next three days.

Ugh these peanut butter cookies are too sandy and I'm really annoyed with kitchenaid because the recipe was in their cook book.  They are delicious but too sandy.  No way they can go into the cookie jar without turning into a jar o' peanut butter cookie crumbs.  Looks like I have to eat them all now.  Oh how difficult it is to be me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    KamakananiKamakanani member
    edited December 2011
    I'm staying inside to keep from melting.  It's just after 11 here and already 95 out.  Looks like we'll break triple digits again today.  SO glad for AC the past couple days, really.

HandBanana - poor you with all those peanut butter cookies that *just* can't be stored! lol  Of course, you could purposefully crumble them up for a crust of some sort.... Maybe to a cheesecake or something?

I'm also trying to keep one task at the forefront of my mind - touching base with Fr. to see if a re-issued 1st communion certificate will work for my lack of form annulment - for some reason the parish I was baptised at has record of my mom and dad's convalidation (which happened immediately AFTER my baptism), but have no record of my baptism.  And, with 30 years having gone by.... the photos are MIA (if there were any).  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

One thing to remember: The wedding is just one day. The marriage is all the rest of them.

April 2012 Siggy Challenge: Cake Inspiration
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_wednesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:831202c4-ff57-45db-9b4c-49338ecb3a83Post:f3c1bb9a-9560-4ca6-b7e6-953d4c2b6fe4">Re: Wednesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm staying inside to keep from melting.  It's just after 11 here and already 95 out.  Looks like we'll break triple digits again today.  SO glad for AC the past couple days, really. HandBanana - poor you with all those peanut butter cookies that *just* can't be stored! lol <strong> Of course, you could purposefully crumble them up for a crust of some sort.... Maybe to a cheesecake or something? </strong>I'm also trying to keep one task at the forefront of my mind - touching base with Fr. to see if a re-issued 1st communion certificate will work for my lack of form annulment - for some reason the parish I was baptised at has record of my mom and dad's convalidation (which happened immediately AFTER my baptism), but have no record of my baptism.  And, with 30 years having gone by.... the photos are MIA (if there were any).  
    Posted by Kamakanani[/QUOTE]

OMG!  This sounds amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HandBanana -- I wish I was there so I could help you eat those cookies.  I hate that you have to take such a difficult task on by yourself...lol. 

I'm a terrible baker.  I want to get better.  I want to be the type of person who can just whip up a batch of cookies.  Unfortunately, it takes me like 3 hours to make cookies, and they end up inedible.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies!

I am at work on my lunch break, ready for the day to be over. I have not been able to hold my eyes open all day and I even went to bed early last night. The rainy, grey weather is killing me. But that is Ohio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_wednesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:831202c4-ff57-45db-9b4c-49338ecb3a83Post:a4c5ef97-a4b3-4ba8-a629-db2c44f591e1">Re: Wednesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! I am at work on my lunch break, ready for the day to be over. I have not been able to hold my eyes open all day and I even went to bed early last night. The rainy, grey weather is killing me. But that is Ohio.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

I am so affected by the weather...I could barely pull myself out of bed this morning.  It was bad.  The sun JUST came out a couple minutes ago, so I hope it sticks around!  The dreary, rainy weather this week has been killing me!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would send you some but it would end just being a box of crumbs.

Baking is so exact and takes a lot of mistakes before you can just do it without thinking.  I still sit there and measure everything out. 

Instead of doing cookies I make box brownies but sprinkle Heath Toffee pieces from the baking aisle on top before I bake them.  Also, I always under bake box brownies.  I do about 20 minutes less time or until they are no longer runny dough.  Let them cool completely.  Then cut.  They always end up chewy and more fudgy than cakey.  People think I make them from scratch.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_wednesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:831202c4-ff57-45db-9b4c-49338ecb3a83Post:835984b7-007b-49c5-b4c5-0d8ce94ea9cf">Re: Wednesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday chat : I am so affected by the weather...I could barely pull myself out of bed this morning.  It was bad.  The sun JUST came out a couple minutes ago, so I hope it sticks around!  The dreary, rainy weather this week has been killing me!
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

I am so jealous that H can stay curled up in bed after I get up for work in the am. I almost fell asleep driving this morning, which was really scary. I even had my usual coffee. I just want it to be a beautiful fall. I am done with the ridiculously high temps of summer, but ready for fall.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ummm those brownies sound delish.  I might just have to make them.

• Options
    doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey yos.

I think I am coming down with a cold.  Boo.

Resa - don't stress about the BM gifts.  I bought my BMs stuff I would buy them regardless.  I bought my MOH (who is a Civil Engineer that works on airport runways) the big airport lego set.  I bought one of my other BMs that likes to build things a power sander cause she didn't have one.  One of my other BMs is obsessed with bacon, so I bought her this gigantic Bacon Salt gift pack among other bacon-related things.  There was more, but those are some of the highlights :).
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_wednesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:831202c4-ff57-45db-9b4c-49338ecb3a83Post:d5bd3272-2754-417b-9bcb-b969d70cca04">Re: Wednesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey yos. I think I am coming down with a cold.  Boo. Resa - don't stress about the BM gifts.  I bought my BMs stuff I would buy them regardless.  I bought my MOH (who is a Civil Engineer that works on airport runways) the big airport lego set.  I bought one of my other BMs that likes to build things a power sander cause she didn't have one.  <strong>One of my other BMs is obsessed with bacon, so I bought her this gigantic Bacon Salt gift pack among other bacon-related things</strong>.  There was more, but those are some of the highlights :).
    Posted by doctabroccoli[/QUOTE]

but who isn't obsessed with bacon.  I'm thinking about making a bacon stuffed eye of round roast for dinner tomorrow night.
  • Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll take some of those peanut butter cookies too! I don't mind if they're crumbs when they get here... :)

My day started off rough--car wouldn't start :(  So 1.5 hours and $45 to the roadside assistance guy (we don't have it in our insurance... that one gets a told-you-so to DH, but I was nice and didn't say anything) later, I finally left for work. Apparently I accidentally hit the "open trunk" button on my car remote yesterday at some point, and so the trunk light was on all night. The rest of the day was ok... life is a little stressful right now, and I'm having a harder time handling it due to the events of a couple weeks ago, I think. But hopefully things will get better in a couple more weeks...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_wednesday-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:831202c4-ff57-45db-9b4c-49338ecb3a83Post:b3b1363f-3a36-4478-82a8-9f406a5757ad">Wednesday chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]  I still haven't picked a MOH but I just can't pick!  Otherwise, I'm thinking about how much I can't wait for the weekend to hurry up and get here!
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

I have a couple of friends who had more than one Maid of Honor...I was a co-maid of honor myself both times!

PS: me today? I am so truly counting the days now!!!!!!!! 38 to go!

Linda
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh.  I made peanut butter and jelly cheesecake and it was amazing.  I made it Wednesday night and today there is only one slice left.  We had BIL over for dinner and I thought he was going to try to marry it. 

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/peanut-butter-and-jelly-cheesecake/detail.aspx
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies!  I haven't been over here in forever!  I'm just swamped with school work right now.  =(

And now I'm really hungry after reading about delicious foods. 
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards