Wedding Party
Options

Bridal party on the website

I'm excited to announce our bridal party on our website on the knot. However, my fiancé has his sister on his side as a grooms woman. Unfortunately the options the knot offers are only groomsman or other. We do not want to title her as other! What should we do?

Re: Bridal party on the website

• Options

I had the same issue. So I didn't use their pull down categories and pre-made list. I just listed them with their titles in the open wording section.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Before you do this, I would ask every person in your WP if they are OK with having their name and possibly photo on the Internet. I would be weirded out if someone put that info of mine on the Web without asking me first. I'm a teacher and I'm really aware of and careful about my digital footprint and what comes up when you Google my name.

If they are fine with it, then I agree with PP to not use pull-down categories and just type up your own titles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridal-party-on-the-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:4fba7474-2483-4dff-9b34-125cebc1f630Post:f1215186-a5d9-4197-a1b2-dd546489eb69">Re: Bridal party on the website</a>:
    [QUOTE]Before you do this, I would ask every person in your WP if they are OK with having their name and possibly photo on the Internet. I would be weirded out if someone put that info of mine on the Web without asking me first. I'm a teacher and I'm really aware of and careful about my digital footprint and what comes up when you Google my name. If they are fine with it, then I agree with PP to not use pull-down categories and just type up your own titles.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]

<div>You can set your wedding website to be non-searchable.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridal-party-on-the-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:4fba7474-2483-4dff-9b34-125cebc1f630Post:37e71376-55c5-4d03-967c-5d856ede9a29">Re: Bridal party on the website</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridal party on the website : You can set your wedding website to be non-searchable.
    Posted by unchatenfrance[/QUOTE]

It is still (most likely) viewable by all of your wedding guests; otherwise, what is the point of it? Guests may give that web address to other friends and family they know who may or may not know the couple.

Nothing on the Internet is ever totally private or safe. That's how the Internet is. I don't find the excuse of "well you can make it non-searchable" a viable reason for not just running this by your WP ahead of time. THEIR name and THEIR photos are not something that you should be able to do whatever you want with. It takes two seconds to ask them if this is OK. Why try to sidestep it?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    I never said "don't run it by your WP ahead of time." I just laconically posted about the searchability option for OP's and others' sake as I was originally unaware of it when I made my wedding website, and accidentally hit the quote button in error.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards