Getting in Shape
Options

Oh boy...

Well. I quit Weight Watchers in March. And then completely stopped tracking calories. And starting eating everything I could get my hands on. And stopped working out. And now I remember how I got to be almost 200 pounds.

I'm up about 5 pounds. And also several inches (which could just be bloat, I'm hoping). 

My self-esteem has taken a nose-dive. I am pretty depressed, which makes me want to eat more, and stressed, which makes me want to eat more. I feel like crap constantly, physically and mentally.

The wedding is in 25 days. I have my second fitting tonight and I'm afraid my dress won't fit anymore. I'm so disappointed I let this happen, that I did this to myself.

So, for the next three+ weeks:
  • 1200 calories a day (STOP eating at work!)
  • 45 minutes of exercise five days a week (time to get re-acquainted with Ms. Jillian Michaels)
  • 96 oz of water a day (Great for bloat AND for skin!)

I just wanted to put this out there, so I'll be accountable. Also, if anyone has any tips on not eating my feelings, I'm listening.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Oh boy...

• Options
    Good luck Meg!  I know how you feel.  I'm recently getting back on the bandwagon too after a few weeks of not being accountable to myself.  I'm sure you can do it!
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    Hi Meg. I like your motivation and determination, but you HAVE to eat at work. I can't see you going on an 8 hour work day with no food in you! I usually take healthly things to snack on like almonds, non-fat greek yogurt, fruit, and wheat thins, reduced fat. Then for lunch, I make my own veggie soup with reduced sodium, no fat chicken broth and any veggies I want. I make enough for the whole week so I can just put it on a bowl and take it to work to heat up. I also make a salad with some grilled chicken and reduced fat dressing. You are right about that water too. Just reduce your portions, keep track of what you are eating, workout for 45 min a day as you said, and don't eat a lot of pasta, rice or bread after lunch and you will do great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck ! I have longer but feel just about as defeated and no matter what? Your soon to be husband will love you no matter what! Good luck and keep us posted!
  • Options
    Good luck Meg!  I agree w/ futuremrsbillyo - you must eat throughout the day.  Otherwise you will crash and eat the first thing that happens to cross your path - which will usually be something processed, fattening & unhealthy.  Plan ahead & bring plenty of healthy snacks.  Today I brought a greek yogurt, strawberries, a pear, and a Larabar with me.  If I don't plan ahead I know for a fact I will crash & hit the vending machine sometime during the day.

Join the accountability thread - it really helps to see what other brides are doing to stay on track!  

You can do it - make those final 25 days count!
  • Options
    meg65meg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Oh, I should have been more clear. I work 2-6pm, so I eat lunch before and dinner after. The last month or so I have been indulging in the ever-present treats and pastries around the office. It has been lunch before, treats treats treats, dinner after. No more treats! Three solid meals and healthy snacks!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards