Delaware
Options

Just saying Hi!

Morning everyone! I'm Devon- a newly engaged Delaware girl at heart :) So far, I have no clue where we are getting hitched haha. I just know what "feel" I am going for- an outdoor chic bbq party. Apparently, It's impossible to find a venue that will allow that/we can afford, but I'm determined!

I've been reading thru some of the posts and can't wait to share ideas/learn more from you ladies! Have a fantastic weekend!

D*

Re: Just saying Hi!

• Options
    wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATS! & welcome!!! ^_^

have u tried the state parks? i know there's 1 up in wilmington that has an amphitheater. or if u're looking at downstate, u could try nassau valley vineyards.
  • Options
    EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Welcome & congrats! bellevue has a gorgeous ceremony spot and you can put up a tent for the reception...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lilapple27lilapple27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recs :) we've checked out Bellevue already. It's on our list, but we don't love the "plan b" since the mansion is pretty broken up (we're more into an open floor plan if possible). I have an appt to check out The Old MIll in Media, PA. Looks promising!
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!
  • Options
    MrsPnky2BMrsPnky2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome!
    I had Bellevue on my list as well with a tent on the portico for the reception and dance floor.
    Cocktails inside the mansion.
    Just throwing it out as a way to possibly make it work.
    My wedding will be this fall w/ 150ppl and we didn't like broken up seating during the reception either.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Can't wait to see you on here more!

Check out the Stone Barn in Kennett Square.  It's got outdoor spots, I believe, and the indoor spots are just as gorgeous.  The food is sooooo good too- we attended a wedding there, and had already booked our venue, but when we tried the food there, we said to each other we would have seriously considered this place, it was so awesome overall.
  • Options
    lilapple27lilapple27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A few weeks later- and we have a venue! We are heading up to the Old Mill in PA. Not too far from Wilmington. Thanks for the suggestions ladies!
  • Options
    HI! I have been searching for the perfect wedding venue for my spring/summer 2013 wedding and have fallen in love with the pictures I saw of the Old Mill.  Unforutnately I have had a hard time getting in contact with the owner, are there any details you could share with me? How much is it per person and what does that include? Does the reception need to be inside?  

Anything would help! I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards