Texas-Austin

Oasis Weddings

We are from Chicago looking to have an Austin wedding. Anyone been to or have their own wedding at the Oasis restaurant? Any thoughts or better ideas?

Re: Oasis Weddings

• edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at the Oasis in November. It was a rainy day but the wedding was still beautiful! The food was really good. I looked into the Oasis at our venue but their bar prices ended up being a deal breaker. We decided on Nature's Point (not because of the bar), it was by far our favorite venue - it's beatiful! So if you're still looking for something on the lake check out Nature's Point and Vintage Villas.
  • edited December 2011
    I also looked at the Oasis as options for either the wedding or rehearsal dinner since I love going out there for dinner.  The prices for food and bar were a little too high for my tastes.  Still love the place though.
  • ariemueariemue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are from out of town as well and we looked at it yest. I wasn't that impressed, but maybe it just wasn't my thing. It had a very young, party, sort of feel to it. The view was incredible...I don't know, maybe I wasn't impressed because it wasn't what I was looking for...but there are a lot of pictures on facebook, it's amazing how it can change into such a beautiful set up for a wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's a beautiful place for a wedding/reception. However, I contacted them 3 times over a period of 2 wks and never heard back (phone and email). I want to have confidence that the venue I work with will be responsive throughout the whole process. Nature's Point is also goregous, but the rental was too expensive for our budget.
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked my wedding at the Oasis and couldn't be happier! It does have a very young and trendy feel to it, which is why I loved it!! we are a young couple, will only be 23 at time of wedding next year! But with the tables and decorations the room really does transform beautifully! Beth, the coordinator, has been nothing but helpful and even though my wedding is over a year away she has told me she is here to help whenever I have questions or anything! still have a while before the wedding though.... :)

the bar/food prices are high..but if you tell them it is just too high they will come down a little (not alot, but a little) and thank goodness my future inlaws are helping out with those costs!

I personally LOVED the oasis because i grew up going there all the time and watching the sunset with my family--their sunsets AND margaritas are fabulous :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards