New Jersey - South

per person cost

Hello!  I'm just wondering what is a good per person cost for a sit down dinner in this area.  It seems like most of the places I've seen are around $100 pp.  Today, I visited a reception site that I absolutely loved, and because I don't want to have alcohol at the reception, that brought the cost down to $75 pp (plus tax/gratuity).  I really loved the place and am tempted to book it soon, but if I can get a much better price, I'd like to look around.  Based on the places you've looked at, would you all say that that is pretty good?  Or can I do a lot better?  The package includes a cocktail hour, dinner, linens, and the cake.  I'm hoping to do a sit-down dinner at a historic or historic-looking house/mansion, so if anyone knows of any well-priced places that fit that, I would appreciate it.  Thanks ladies!

Re: per person cost

• lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can find places out there cheaper than $75 a head, but I don't about a historic- type place that fits in that budget.  Overall, $75 a head is not a bad price, so if you really liked it, book it. 
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • LisaLPharmDLisaLPharmD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The cheapest price I saw anywhere I went was $76 a head, and we went to like 7 places.  This included alcohol of course, but I think that's  a good price!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

230image 205image 22image 3image
  • edited December 2011
    Not historic, but what about a winery?  Tomasello's in Hammonton is more budget-friendly than most other places I looked at.

There are a lot of mansions/estates in PA and DE.  Would you be willing to travel?
  • delia5588delia5588 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if I am any help - since I am not having my wedding at a historic place - but I am paying $90 a head which includes tax and gratuity. That includes an open bar the entire time. My wedding is in the winter on a Sunday, so I did get a good price.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am ot too familar with any historic sites but for $75 pp you should definately be able to include alcohol with your package.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards